Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intense reaction after bodywork session - help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intense reaction after bodywork session - help?

I hope some of you understand what happens on energetic levels while doing bodywork on clients and can help me to understand and better prepare myself for the future.

I do MT and LDT, but I am brand new and have only just had a handful of clients. Yesterday I had an MT client and after the session I have a very intense "episode".

At first, I felt fine afterward, just pretty tired. But after about an hour I started to freak out. I started to feel mentally horrible. And I wasn't sure if it was just coming from me being hormonal or something lol. Then I was getting these intense images of the client. It seemed scary and violent, but the images were harmless. It was just the associated feeling.

My bf and I got in a little tiff because I was acting weird. It was almost like an anxiety attack. I kept going on about how disgusting and greasy I felt and this horrible feeling was growing inside me. My bf shook me as if to snap me out of it, (he does CST btw) but as soon as he did that I felt like I couldn't breathe. I fell to the floor gasping for air in some kind of full blown panic/anxiety attack. For a few moments I was screaming and crying.

Then I ran to the shower and started gagging and coughing up a lot of mucous. By the time I got out of the shower. I felt back to normal. Like I had just come out of a bad trip or something. I felt totally drained and I still feel very drained. I have no energy and have been in bed pretty much all day. And I feel kind of depressed.

I am usually very sensitive to energy. It has been a bit of a problem being overly sensitive at times and it has been affecting me to an extent. But is this normal in anyway? Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else? Or am I crazy? What do I do about this?

I would really appreciate any help/understanding/advice or anything anyone can offer.

Thanks
    L

Hi LeaPiya, Your post was written in February, so I'm thinking you have sorted it by now. I'm not sure what all your acronyms mean as there are various possibilities, however I think you are saying Massage Therapy and Lymphatic Drainage Therapy, where your boyfriend does Cranial Sacral Therapy or Cognitive Stimulation Therapy. Anyway, The reactions you are feeling are simply you picking up on your client's energy field and possibly also being triggered in your own stuff as well. There are a few things you can do. I would suggest that you protect your field before you work with clients (put a bubble of light around you, wear some labradorite, a stone that absorbs negative energy) and use some way to clear your field after clients, this could be bringing your mind to your field and asking it to clear, taking salt baths (put about a cup of salt into the bath), or burning sage to clear your field. I do also teach energy practices regularly in Bristol, but you could also attend similar trainings anywhere in the country. I've put a link to my information page which has links to other information on the web. It is all about learning how to protect and focus your energy, as I'm sure you know. I hope this was helpful. Please do let me know. Best wishes, Lou

Comment

Working...
    X