Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedies That Work: Part 2 of 3

Honegar

Honegar: As a starting point use, Equal amounts of Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar.
    ( Clover is tastier, but I have tried many other flavors )
    ( DON'T USE WHITE VINEGAR)
    It takes a bit of stirring to get it mixed right. Flavor is a tarty, slightly sweet taste. Honegar helps to balance ones internal electrolytes. Supplies a quick energy boost. Helps one to tolerate heat. Straight Apple Cider Vinegar ( no honey ) " one teaspoonful- or more "before eating will improve most peoples digestion, as nearly all people now suffer from a LACK of digestive juices, this is CONTRARY to what most doctors tell one. Diabetics and hypoglycemics would need to be careful doing this Honegar drink. As I understand it there is the sugar in the blood thing to cope with. I have no problem with it, but use at your own risk . When the heat is trying to nail me ( working outside ) I will take a tablespoonful, straight, and a tablespoonful in a glass of water.
    Will often when strenuously involved in the heat, and sweating a river, toss in a pinch, of SEA salt, ( NOT REGULAR SALT ). Finding good Sea Salt is really a problem. Basically a trial and error thing. There is a trick, not many are aware of, is to put a pinch of Sea salt directly on ones tongue first, then drink a glass of water. This allows ones body to treat this glass of water very differently , ( at least its what I read ) than a regular drink of water, allowing one to rehydrate some what more efficiently. Have been doing it for many years, and it hasn't killed me as yet.
    ------------------------------------------------

Oil of Oregano

Have used Oil of Oregano. ( still am ) It is a good product . At this point I'm not sure if any other source is as potent, as North American Herb and Spice Company. My experience is , if being used for a health condition, one might want to either increase the dose, or use three or four times a day. It has a very strong aroma, and if used with Oregamax, will clear out a lot of unwanted "bugs". Am closely monitoring "conditions "as time passes. It's use in treating the SARS thing could surpass my Super Tonic, at least that's what my research shows. Now I'm not saying this stuff is an answer to all ills, but I am saying that" I am stocked up with another Oil of Oregano and Oregamax.
    Same company has even stronger products for the "more serious" things
    Pick up a copy of " The Cure Is In The Cupboard" ,
    ISBN 0-911119-74-4. Book is by Dr Cass Ingram, who is in trouble, at least from what I've read. He is listed as a quack, and is posted in Canada as a fake! Regardless, I like what and how he writes. So will buy some more of his books. ( have them all now )
    Product and books can be ordered from
    " http://www.droregano.com/".

-------------------------------------------
    Grapefruit Seed Extract

Grapefruit Seed Extract not grape seed is the product.
    First time I went to buy it, store clerks kept showing me grape seed, which is not the same stuff. I came across this product a few years back . It has lived up to everything that was written about it. It is bitter tasting , a bitterness like a mix of lemon, lime and grapefruit. Used internally I mix it with plain water. ( 1/8 cup ). While I use it straight with-out diluting on toe nails, its too strong for the most peoples skin, unless mixed with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Product is listed as " broad spectrum antimicrobial " and from my experiences in using it, it actually works . Queasy stomach, brown toe-nail, skin torn by a rose bush thorn, scratchy throat out comes the GSE . Will also make " unsafe undrinkable water ", into " safe drinkable water ".
    ( GSE = grapefruit seed extract )
    Nutribiotic Inc, is the company that makes the brand of GSE that I use.
    Guess this GSE is like the Super Tonic I make and use.
    A " Universal Remedy " is what GSE is called, and also is what I call the
    ST ( ST = Super Tonic ) .
    Check out " The Healing Power of Grapefruit Seed " by
    S. Sharamon and Bodo J. Baginski.
    ISBN 0 - 914955 - 27 - 6 .
    Has 150 pages of info on use for people , plants and pets.
    I use the liquid, but it also comes in tablet form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castor Oil Pack Usage

Rather than do a whole bunch of typing and error checking I've used the write-up from the company I buy from. Have used one time or another, castor oil packs over a period of forty years.
    ( still use them)
    Has spared me numerous doctor bills. Wasn't much out on using castor packs until 1993, that's when the book " The Oil That Heals "by W.A. McGarey M.D., came out. ( ISBN #0-87604-308-2 )
    My original awareness on castor oil packs was from Edgar Cayce material. I've also bought castor oil locally and have used cut up wool socks and cotton tee shirts in doing these castor oil packs. Just be sure to put some plastic or Saran wrap over the pack. It is very difficult to clean up castor oil stains. In between usages I store my items in a plastic bag. When its time for fresh cloths, just throw out the old ones. So if you have a hurt or any kind of healing problem, give the castor oil packs a try. At various times, I have applied to neck, shoulder, heart area, liver areas, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. Again, there is much more involved here than is being stated, I do it this way to spare you the long write-ups.
    Last edited by Talker; September 2nd, 2007, 04:03 PM. Reason: spacing

Talker, some questions on honegar:

1. Does Honegar has to be made out on the heat when stirring you should I just use liquid honey?
    2. For how long is the prepared portion good?
    3. Is Apple Vinegar and Apple Cider vinegar the same thing?
    For example a natural story in my neighborhood holds a Dutch Organic Apple Vinegar. I don't see the word 'Cider' there and I'm not sure what Cider actually means.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
      Talker, some questions on honegar:

( Talker ) Very good questions.

1. Does Honegar has to be made out on the heat when stirring you should I just use liquid honey?

( Talker ) I try to avoid stove heating. If you are careful, and watch it closely, it is OK. You kill the " alive "parts of any food substance, as the heat temperature goes higher. I do not use any heat when making my Honegar. Have placed the honey container in the sunlight to melt it when it gets " sugared / crystallized ". Have also used for myself ( family doesn't like the looks ) honeycomb, placed in the sun until soft, and dump it all in with the apple cider vinegar. Takes more effort to keep liquefied though. Have had to place the jar in a kettle of hot water to soften the batch, when it gets to stiff.

2. For how long is the prepared portion good?

( Talker ) Would like to say, forever, but I can only express my truth. When no one is using it, has sat on the counter for months. I don't actually use every day, although I should. Honey will not spoil or go bad. Vinegar is already spoiled, so in a sense, is already bad, but good for using. Life can be so interesting.

3. Is Apple Vinegar and Apple Cider vinegar the same thing?

( Talker ) Ah, Jacob, if only I could find someone that could help answer that in a manner that wasn't more confusing, then it already is. Can only offer my views about it. So it seems the answer to your question, is both, yes and no. From what I could ferret out of all the vague data, apple vinegar is the first stage ( soft cider ) that is further processed into ( hard ) cider, which is then made / further processed, into apple cider vinegar. The " how " this is all done, varies, with locale and country. So while I offer words on the matter, I still don't feel it's a good answer.

For example a natural story in my neighborhood holds a Dutch Organic Apple Vinegar.

( Talker ) Might help if, if you copied " all " the words on the label. Some times one can make sense of it, for an answer to a question about the product. Also if no coloring was added, the color of the Dutch apple vinegar, may indicate ( soft ) or ( hard ) type cider vinegar. Not sure of this part. The color difference may be so subtle that to ones eye, they may not even see the difference.

I don't see the word 'Cider' there and I'm not sure what Cider actually means.

( Talker ) This is perhaps the start of the confusion. my understanding is, that cider, is the juice of some product, used to make vinegar!

Thanks.
      ( Talker ) So, here we are. Words can be so informative at times. The same words, can also mire one, in deep confusion. Appears that, that is where I'm currently at. Some other may have a clearer answer.
      Until next time, Be Well.
      Last edited by Talker; September 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM. Reason: wrong insertion of word

Comment

I have used oil of oregano. I put a few drops in juice or water. The aroma of the oregano is so powerful that it mask the smell and oftentimes the taste of the juice I put it in. I use the oregano when I have a cold or excessive coughing. It works wonders.
        Last edited by healthyfreak; January 23rd, 2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Talker thanks for your great very informative post.
          I use Wild Oregano oil for migraines as they have a very strong antiinflammatory action. They work wonders! I normally use them for the actual attack, but you can use them prophylactically as well. They work for me far better than any conventional migraine med I've tried, and I've pretty much tried them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Talker View Post
            Honegar

Honegar: As a starting point use, Equal amounts of Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar.
            ( Clover is tastier, but I have tried many other flavors )
            ( DON'T USE WHITE VINEGAR)
            It takes a bit of stirring to get it mixed right. Flavor is a tarty, slightly sweet taste. Honegar helps to balance ones internal electrolytes. Supplies a quick energy boost. Helps one to tolerate heat. Straight Apple Cider Vinegar ( no honey ) " one teaspoonful- or more "before eating will improve most peoples digestion, as nearly all people now suffer from a LACK of digestive juices, this is CONTRARY to what most doctors tell one. Diabetics and hypoglycemics would need to be careful doing this Honegar drink. As I understand it there is the sugar in the blood thing to cope with. I have no problem with it, but use at your own risk . When the heat is trying to nail me ( working outside ) I will take a tablespoonful, straight, and a tablespoonful in a glass of water.
            Will often when strenuously involved in the heat, and sweating a river, toss in a pinch, of SEA salt, ( NOT REGULAR SALT ). Finding good Sea Salt is really a problem. Basically a trial and error thing. There is a trick, not many are aware of, is to put a pinch of Sea salt directly on ones tongue first, then drink a glass of water. This allows ones body to treat this glass of water very differently , ( at least its what I read ) than a regular drink of water, allowing one to rehydrate some what more efficiently. Have been doing it for many years, and it hasn't killed me as yet.
            ------------------------------------------------

Oil of Oregano

Have used Oil of Oregano. ( still am ) It is a good product . At this point I'm not sure if any other source is as potent, as North American Herb and Spice Company. My experience is , if being used for a health condition, one might want to either increase the dose, or use three or four times a day. It has a very strong aroma, and if used with Oregamax, will clear out a lot of unwanted "bugs". Am closely monitoring "conditions "as time passes. It's use in treating the SARS thing could surpass my Super Tonic, at least that's what my research shows. Now I'm not saying this stuff is an answer to all ills, but I am saying that" I am stocked up with another Oil of Oregano and Oregamax.
            Same company has even stronger products for the "more serious" things
            Pick up a copy of " The Cure Is In The Cupboard" ,
            ISBN 0-911119-74-4. Book is by Dr Cass Ingram, who is in trouble, at least from what I've read. He is listed as a quack, and is posted in Canada as a fake! Regardless, I like what and how he writes. So will buy some more of his books. ( have them all now )
            Product and books can be ordered from
            " http://www.droregano.com/".

-------------------------------------------
            Grapefruit Seed Extract

Grapefruit Seed Extract not grape seed is the product.
            First time I went to buy it, store clerks kept showing me grape seed, which is not the same stuff. I came across this product a few years back . It has lived up to everything that was written about it. It is bitter tasting , a bitterness like a mix of lemon, lime and grapefruit. Used internally I mix it with plain water. ( 1/8 cup ). While I use it straight with-out diluting on toe nails, its too strong for the most peoples skin, unless mixed with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Product is listed as " broad spectrum antimicrobial " and from my experiences in using it, it actually works . Queasy stomach, brown toe-nail, skin torn by a rose bush thorn, scratchy throat out comes the GSE . Will also make " unsafe undrinkable water ", into " safe drinkable water ".
            ( GSE = grapefruit seed extract )
            Nutribiotic Inc, is the company that makes the brand of GSE that I use.
            Guess this GSE is like the Super Tonic I make and use.
            A " Universal Remedy " is what GSE is called, and also is what I call the
            ST ( ST = Super Tonic ) .
            Check out " The Healing Power of Grapefruit Seed " by
            S. Sharamon and Bodo J. Baginski.
            ISBN 0 - 914955 - 27 - 6 .
            Has 150 pages of info on use for people , plants and pets.
            I use the liquid, but it also comes in tablet form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castor Oil Pack Usage

Rather than do a whole bunch of typing and error checking I've used the write-up from the company I buy from. Have used one time or another, castor oil packs over a period of forty years.
            ( still use them)
            Has spared me numerous doctor bills. Wasn't much out on using castor packs until 1993, that's when the book " The Oil That Heals "by W.A. McGarey M.D., came out. ( ISBN #0-87604-308-2 )
            My original awareness on castor oil packs was from Edgar Cayce material. I've also bought castor oil locally and have used cut up wool socks and cotton tee shirts in doing these castor oil packs. Just be sure to put some plastic or Saran wrap over the pack. It is very difficult to clean up castor oil stains. In between usages I store my items in a plastic bag. When its time for fresh cloths, just throw out the old ones. So if you have a hurt or any kind of healing problem, give the castor oil packs a try. At various times, I have applied to neck, shoulder, heart area, liver areas, knees, ankles, elbows, and wrists. Again, there is much more involved here than is being stated, I do it this way to spare you the long write-ups.
            Ha, still alive and kicking.
            Still popping in and out here.
            Still using mentioned products when needed.

Safe Labor Day holiday to all.

Be Well

Comment

Working...
            X