Great cure for sinus infections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great cure for sinus infections

Have you ever gone through your day just *knowing* you're coming down with something vaguely sinusy...but not entirely sure what it is?? By nighttime, you may have very sore sinues, maybe a headache and sometimes a slight sore throat and may be running a tiny temperature. And of course, tomorrow or the next day you have something that you have to be "on" for, right?

I've found that a really nasty mixture (and I say that up front, because its not pleasant in the least!) of apple cider vinegar (1-2 tbsp) about 12-15 drops of grapefruit seed extract and someo honey (maybe a tablespoon) mixed in about 8 ounces of water...seems to zap it out of me pretty quick. I also use a neti pot and pour a bit of hydrogen peroxide in my ears as welll, and by morning (I'll often run an odd fever all night) I usually feel MUCH better.

So its a thought and something to try. Coudln't hurt, right?

Originally posted by congruenthealth View Post
    Have you ever gone through your day just *knowing* you're coming down with something vaguely sinusy...but not entirely sure what it is?? By nighttime, you may have very sore sinues, maybe a headache and sometimes a slight sore throat and may be running a tiny temperature. And of course, tomorrow or the next day you have something that you have to be "on" for, right?

I've found that a really nasty mixture (and I say that up front, because its not pleasant in the least!) of apple cider vinegar (1-2 tbsp) about 12-15 drops of grapefruit seed extract and someo honey (maybe a tablespoon) mixed in about 8 ounces of water...seems to zap it out of me pretty quick. I also use a neti pot and pour a bit of hydrogen peroxide in my ears as welll, and by morning (I'll often run an odd fever all night) I usually feel MUCH better.

So its a thought and something to try. Coudln't hurt, right?
    Hi congruenthealth, it is important for these things to undergo rigorous double blind, triple blind studies before we can be sure of its effectiveness.

Comment

Some effective tips to cure for sinus infections.
      Drink more water as drinking water is a natural way to hydrate the body. Apply a hot wet compress on the face and you can use herbal remedies to treats sinus
      also. Grape seed extracts and ginger are also helpful in easing sinus pain.

Comment

Also, if that doesn't help, I've actually had a chiropractor adjust something in my face/neck and it drains everything within the day...that also helps a lot.

Comment

One of the most effective ways, and perhaps most popular, on how to get rid of a stuffy nose is using saline solution. Saline solution is a combination of salt and water. Stir teaspoon of salt into cup of lukewarm water. Put 2 to 3 drops of saline solution into each of your nostrils and hold it for about 30 to 60 seconds. This helps loosen the mucus and make it easier for you to blow your nose.

Comment

Here are some you can try.

First, drink plenty of water and other liquids. Mucous can thicken but keeping hydrated can help to thin the mucous. Drink water, tea or other clear beverages.

Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants. These foods include berries, broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, red grapes and spinach that help to boost the immune system and may prevent sinus infections.

Try a steam treatment for your sinuses. Sinus infections can occur when mucous becomes thick and won't drain properly. Steam can help keep mucous loose and moving through the sinuses.

Use herbal remedies for a sinus infection. Herbal cures have been used for centuries and are safer and more effective than traditional medicines. Use eucalyptus or peppermint extract as an inhalant to clear sinus cavities. Either one can be added to a steam.

To sleep better during bouts of sinus attack, drink a cup of tea before bed. Chamomile tea is particularly useful for calming the body and mind before bedtime.

Try sinus irrigation. This is done using nasal irrigator that puts warm water into the sinuses. It can be found at most health food stores. Follow the directions on the box.

Comment

Watch out for the brain-eating amoeba

A 51-year-old woman from DeSoto Parish and a 20-year-old man from St. Bernard Parish, a suburb of New Orleans, died after using Neti pots containing tap water to flush their sinuses. Both became infected with Naegleria fowleri, a parasite known as the brain-eating amoeba.

"If you are irrigating, flushing or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by using a Neti pot, use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up the irrigation solution," Louisiana State epidemiologist Dr. Raoult Ratard said in a statement. "Tap water is safe for drinking but not for irrigating your nose."

Fatal Infections Linked to Neti Pots - ABC News

Comment

Funny you should mention that, I have attempted neti pots a couple of times, and I haven't noticed any difference. I have a deviated septum, and I always get sinuses. However, I have reasoned to believe that people who use something like a neti pot and then not sterilizing it after daily use can get a much worse sinus infection.

Comment

Alternative thinking on sinusitis

During my career as a therapist I came to realise that a lot of patients who suffered from regular sinus infections were actually suffering from the effects of yeasts.
                  Candida Albicans is the main culprit. It gets into the gut and can then migrate around the body. It likes to inhabit warm moist spaces in the body (ears, nose, sinuses, vigina, groin etc) and then the bacteria are attracted as the yeast is food for them. It's the bacteria that cause the infections.

The best way to tackle yeast related sinusitis is to do a systemic yeast cleanse using probiotics. I get my patients to take Probio Daily manufactured by Higher Nature.

Comment

Chiropractic treatments can help as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X