Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey: A food with miraculous healing properties.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey: A food with miraculous healing properties.

Recently it came to my attention, from the food section of the National Herald - the biggest publication in Greek language in the USA- a commentary about honey. This was not the first time that honey got my attention. Many years ago, when I started looking at food as a source of healing for many diseases, I was impressed again when I learned that the world’s oldest antibiotic is Honey! Here, I can share with you a personal story.

It was a few years back that I had an accident, while I was working at one of my restaurants. I cut my hand very badly. All my employees told me that I need to go to the hospital and get stitches. Instead, I wrapped it up nicely in gauze; I put honey on the cut and left it alone. In 4-5 days it started healing and it never gave me any trouble.

So, I am delighted to share with you some more healing properties about honey.

1.It can rejuvenate your skin. You can put a little bit of honey on your face, leave it there for 15 minutes and then wash it off real good. You are going to have a much cleaner and vibrant skin. And it is going to cost you almost nothing versus an expensive facial at a beauty shop.
    2.Acne: Little bumps can be a thing of the past for you if you give yourself a facial with honey. Keep it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off.
    3.Aging Spots: You can fight them with a honey facial.
    4.It’s a great antioxidant.

My last thought for honey. You can imagine and I am strongly suggesting, visualize how good honey can be for your body inside. Use it for your teas, cereals, etc and you are going to add many unseeing healthy properties to your inner world.

Beekeeper

Hi I'm a four year beekeeper and have great things from the hive.
    If ya have any questions about bees please ask.

I eat organic honey every day it's great stuff . Keeping honeybees is a great way to help stay healthy.
    Last edited by GLOCK; December 26th, 2013, 08:30 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

• Liz_Wilson
      Liz_Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great set up.

Honey has the ability to absorb moisture directly from the air, a phenomenon called hygroscopy. The amount of water the honey will absorb is dependent on the relative humidity of the air. Because honey contains yeast, this hygroscopic nature requires that honey be stored in sealed containers to prevent fermentation, which usually begins if the honey's water content rises much above 25%. Honey will tend to absorb more water in this manner than the individual sugars would allow on their own, which may be due to other ingredients it contains.

Comment

Do and have used honey for many decades, one of the ways is:

http://www.thetalker.org/archives/8/...yelectrolytes/

Comment

Working...
      X