Yoga is a must!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga is a must!

Asanas or Yogic exercises are best practiced between the ages of 10 to 60 years by both sexes. They are particularly useful for keeping the" body healthy during the middle period of life.

1. They do not entail much loss of time and can be practiced at any hour of the day, three hours after the last meal. The most suitable time is the early morning and the next best is just before retiring.

2. They may be practiced in seclusion in a well-ventilated room free from draught.

3. They are the best exercises known for reducing fat, for the improvement of digestion and for curing constipation.

4. They do not cause rise of blood pressure; on the contrary they lower it, if high.

5. They are both curative and prophylactic in action as far as minor ailments are concerned.

6. They make the spine flexible, the body elastic and prevent premature ageing.

7. They increase the power of endurance.

8. Above all they make the mind alert, improve concentration and help to maintain a buoyancy of spirit. In short, they create mens sana in corpore sano (a sound mind in a sound body).

Re: yoga is must

Hi,

That was very useful information about Yoga. You have covered almost all points. Yoga and meditation are must in our daily lives. Many people face stress ,anxiety and depression in their daily lives and most of them don't find a solution to manage them and in turn ruin their lives. I practice meditation to manage stress effectively. I happened to come across a website it had all the information how to manage stress, anxiety and depression to lead a peaceful and focussed life. I would suggest people who are looking for information to manage stress and depression in their life effectively to have a look at this site to benefit as I did.
    Last edited by jacob; June 17th, 2009, 04:23 AM. Reason: Removed spam links

Comment

thanks..

Yes, sure meditation goes perfectly with yoga, and vice versa!

In fact, yoga helps to meditate and keep our body/mind in total harmony, and equilibruim

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

That's true yoga helps to meditate and keep our body/mind in total harmony, and equilibruim. I have been practising yoga for some time now It has reduced my backpain to a grat extent. mditation has helped me to mange my stress levels effectively.

Thanks,

Comment

I h taken yoga classes and it was useful to some extant but it must avoid hinduism. It has some practices of hindu culture and religion.

Comment

Originally posted by meditationsolution
            Hi sakraan,

I think meditation is for humanity. Can I know the hinduism it has?

Thanks,
            Alex
            Its some practices are like hindu worships.

Comment

What yoga can do for you

The physical benefits: Creates a toned, flexible, and strong body. Improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Helps to maintain a balanced metabolism. Promotes cardio and circulatory health. Relieves pain. Helps you look and feel younger than your age. Improves your athletic performance.

The mental benefits: Helps you relax and handle stressful situations more easily. Teaches you how to quiet the mind so you can focus your energy where you want it to go - into a difficult yoga pose, on the tennis court or golf course, or in the office. Encourages positive thoughts and self-acceptance.

The spiritual benefits: Builds awareness of your body, your feelings, the world around you, the needs of others. Promotes an interdependence between mind, body, and spirit. Helps you live the concept of "oneness."
              Last edited by jacob; July 28th, 2009, 01:34 AM. Reason: Removed URL.

Comment

Yoga

Very true. Regular practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation can help such diverse ailments such as diabetes, blood pressure, digestive disorders, arthritis, arteriosclerosis, chronic fatigue, asthma, varicose veins and heart conditions. Laboratory tests have proved the yogi`s increased abilities of consciously controlling autonomic or involuntary functions, such as temperature, heartbeat and blood pressure. Research into the effects of yogic practices on HIV is currently underway with promising results.

Yoga.
                Last edited by jacob; August 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Sri sri yoga

I agree about the good quality life that yoga can give. I started sri sri yoga one year ago, the day after I finished the 36th radiation for breast cancer (after 4 chemo and a surgery). I was doing very well, basically not having side effects at all from the treatments ,which is already extraordinary, but my muscles were stiff. So, almost unexpected I decided to go for this yoga course. I could not decide better for my life: at the end of the course I was feeling great, no more stiffness, I was also sleeping much better at night. Thanks to meditation, yoga and a special breathing technique that I practice every day I am very HEALTHY and happy person. I also experienced the natural power of my mind healing, combined to the traditional medicine treatments. I was very blessed and I want to share it with as many people as possible. My story is not about cancer but about the extraordinary Journey I have undertaken getting in touch with my Source, through Life and Spirituality.

Love & rainbow
                  Lorenza

Pure Energy
                  Last edited by Lorenza; September 22nd, 2009, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Hi.
                    Yoga has helped in curing and preventing many diseases.
                    Asthma is a very common problem. It is basically shortness of breath due to the chronic lung condition. Yoga betters your asthma condition due to the free flow of air through the bronchial tubes and air sacs in the lungs.Pranayama, if practiced regularly, can make a tremendous difference to your health. Breathing exercises are very good to strengthen and relax the muscles of lungs. During an asthma attack this proves to be very useful. It reduces the nerve activity in the airways causing fewer bottlenecks during an attack.

Thanks
                    Natural Herbal Remedy
                    Last edited by Tony Hoocks; July 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Meditation help us to reduce the stress we feel and make our day feel better. Begin your day with meditation so that you will face the challenges that comes along.

Comment

Yoga

It's never fun to deal with chronic diseases or medical conditions, while the pursuit of vitality. Discover the immunity method of recovery, strength, and reach your optimum health naturally with these lifestyle changes simple.

Comment

Yoga mats come in a variety of types, styles and thicknesses. A typical yoga mat has a sticky surface to help with friction when obtaining your poses. Some yoga mats are thicker than others, and these can really help when you get on your knees.

Comment

I think so..Yoga is a must.Because it has Physiological, Biochemical, Health and most important is Psychological Benefits.It help,s in improvement of sleep,concentration and memory.

I personally suggest all to start right no.I am doing..you are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by yoga-relaxation View Post
                              Asanas or Yogic exercises are best practiced between the ages of 10 to 60 years by both sexes. They are particularly useful for keeping the" body healthy during the middle period of life.

1. They do not entail much loss of time and can be practiced at any hour of the day, three hours after the last meal. The most suitable time is the early morning and the next best is just before retiring.

2. They may be practiced in seclusion in a well-ventilated room free from draught.

3. They are the best exercises known for reducing fat, for the improvement of digestion and for curing constipation.

4. They do not cause rise of blood pressure; on the contrary they lower it, if high.

5. They are both curative and prophylactic in action as far as minor ailments are concerned.

6. They make the spine flexible, the body elastic and prevent premature ageing.

7. They increase the power of endurance.

8. Above all they make the mind alert, improve concentration and help to maintain a buoyancy of spirit. In short, they create mens sana in corpore sano (a sound mind in a sound body).

Thank you, it's very intresting to know this , but not enouph to full my starving minf for knowlage! I think that you have a deep knowlage about Yoga and meditation . So please have the gentle to give us more and from where to start!

Comment

Working...
                              X