Sweating while meditating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweating while meditating

Maybe someone can tell be why I experience this: I am by far not an experienced meditator. I have just started with some guided meditations and I really struggle to concentrate, get easily distracted etc. One effect I experience every time is that I get uncomfortably warm. I meditate barefoot with cold feet but around five minutes in I start to sweat. It starts to become tolerable after another five minutes or so. What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you!

Originally posted by Wassernixe View Post
    Maybe someone can tell be why I experience this: I am by far not an experienced meditator. I have just started with some guided meditations and I really struggle to concentrate, get easily distracted etc. One effect I experience every time is that I get uncomfortably warm. I meditate barefoot with cold feet but around five minutes in I start to sweat. It starts to become tolerable after another five minutes or so. What am I doing wrong?
    Thank you!

How are you sitting?

I don't know enough about how you are sitting but this is a possibility for some people:

If you are sitting in something like the lotus posture or on a chair without leaning back keeping your back straight you might be using a lot of energy to stay upright. In time you should become more balanced an not need to use so much strength.

Also some people make their muscles very tense when they meditate, it is better to try to relax.

What type of meditation are you doing?

In a healing meditation where you visualize light or energy coming into you, it is normal to feel warm.

Comment

I'd try to stick to a breath meditation. I too have problems focusing at first, so I suggest the breath meditation as a good start for meditation. I use a half lotus(I believe it's the correct one) with back straight as possible and I just focus on breath. Usually I get flashes of forests and water while doing it... Not sure what that all means but I don't get sweaty despite my straight back.

Comment

I started to feel nauseous for no apparent reason after meditating for a few months, I read some reports of other people experiencing the same, but no real advice which helped. After a few weeks it stopped and I came to the conclusion it was part of working through 'stuff' that meditation does ? It seems to go in such phases.

It might work through it if you keep persevering ? Good luck anyway.

Comment

Thank you! I indeed did meditations where you were supposed to focus on bodyparts, imagine light and energy floating through you but my concentration and focus were so awful that I thought the heat coul not be the result of my imagination! I sit on a chair for sitting for an extended period of time without supporting my back does not work for me so I think I have already chosen a position that is the least demanding. Maybe I am good at producing heat and should try tummo meditation?!

Comment

Maybe you should investigate healing? I associate heat with healing.

Comment

Seems plausible; however, I do not have a lot of confidence that I might have some skilly, meditation is a struggle and I definitely have a long way until I can focus to an appropriate degree...

Comment

Working...
              X