The Two Pound Approach (Diet)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Two Pound Approach (Diet)

Back in the 90s, training athletes of various ages and sizes, I was often asked about proper nutrition, diet and weight control. I was also gaining weight, a couple-three pounds per year until after 5yrs or so, I was a mini-piggie.

Each year millions of Americans enroll in commercial and self-help weight loss programs. Health care providers and their obese patients know little about these programs because of the absence of systematic reviews... the evidence to support the use of the major commercial and self-help weight loss programs is suboptimal.
    Annals of Internal Medicine | Systematic Review: An Evaluation of Major Commercial Weight Loss Programs in the United States

So off I went to my cardiologist, Dr. Andrew Chung and we collaborated on the problem. Chung came up with The Two Pound Diet and MU!! added to it with An Ounce Of Common Sense.

The 2PD Approach is not a hypothesis but a practical solution to a problem. It was invented because there was and still is a need.

The HeartMDPhD.com Cardiology Web Site (FAQs for 2PD-OMER Approach)

The premise is simple. Eat less than 2 pounds of food weight each day. Water does not count.

Success rate? 100% as long as you stay under 2lbs/day. You will lose weight to an optimal amount and level off. Eat whatever you want but use An Ounce Of Common Sense.

Fwiw, the 2PD-OMER Approach is not a diet but it is a lifestyle change where the diet would remain unchanged (normal, low fat/chol,
    vegetarian, diabetic/ADA etc). How do I know? I am the co-inventor.

Dr. Chung takes emails and your personal phone call if you like. The 2PD is free as is his consultation!

Tell him MU!! sent you!
    Last edited by MU!!; January 19th, 2013, 03:16 PM.

Originally posted by MU!! View Post
    Dr. Chung takes emails and your personal phone call if you like. The 2PD is free as is his consultation!

Tell him MU!! sent you!
    Given that Dr. Chung has been a victim of cyber stalking, I'm a bit skeptical of anonymous people on the internet who claim to know him and suggest to call him personally.

I'm particularly skeptical after reading this: Andrew B. Chung FAQ question
    Someone pretending to be this Dr. Andrew Chung has been posting a lot of weird and insulting stuff on various websites, including Usenet, which led to the creation of the following FAQ on him (on the user with that name, not on the real Dr. Chung, who doesn't seem to have anything to do with it):
    1. Who is Dr. Andrew B Chung, MD/PhD?

The poster who posts as Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD claims to be a licensed physician, practicing internal medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, USA and specializing in cardiology. His signature contains a link to a website which is consistent with his posts.

It should be noted that anyone can claim to be anyone on Usenet and so caution is always advised. Indeed there are those who claim that the poster in question is not Dr. Andrew B. Chung, or is not the Dr. Andrew B. Chung listed in the Atlanta telephone directory, and/or has lost his license and/or hospital privileges for misconduct. This FAQ does not attempt to address those claims one way or the other. The reader with an interest in these matters can easily find the relevant discussions archived in Google Groups. [...]

16. Who is Mu?

Mu is a longtime Usenet Troll who has even merited his own FAQ. He postures as some kind of personal physical trainer, but who really knows? He has allied himself with Dr. Chung and serves as the "Bad Cop" in the Chung - Mu "Good Cop - Bad Cop" routine. He specializes in the short, nasty one-liner and, because unlike Dr. Chung, he has no reputation to protect, he can afford to be much more direct and offensive.

Mu parrots an even meaner-spirited version of Dr. Chung’s "Christianity" and does not hesitate to employ anti-Semitism and homophobia in his attacks.

Naturally, most people would have long ago killfiled Mu, so he changes his handle on an almost daily basis.

17. What is Mu’s Role?

Mu’s role is to troll other newsgroups and, when he gets a reaction, to cross post the reaction to s.m.c. so that Dr. Chung can disingenuously claim to be "only responding" to a cross post.

Mu is also responsible for pitching softballs to Dr. Chung so he can hit them out of the park, and for re-introducing religion and the Two Pound Diet should the discussion flag.

Finally, Mu’s role is to tirelessly wear down unsuspecting Dr. Chung critics, deflecting the blows that would otherwise be aimed at Dr. Chung. He is Dr. Chung’s Internet equivalent of the "rope-a-dope". Insults roll off him like water off a duck as do attempts to reason with him or even have a civil discussion.

Most people have learned to ignore him and his comment is usually the last one in any thread sub-tree where it appears.
    Oh, and this is also of interest: Chung and Mu always post at the same time?
    I took Chung temporarily off the killfile to see if he trying to mislead people with his pseudoscientific crap (which admittedly is only a tiny fraction of the garbage he is posting). I noticed this curious thing: Chung and Mu always seem to post at the same time. Or at least their posts seem to arrive at my newsserver at the same time. Usually there are no other posts arriving during the same time interval. What, if anything, can we conclude about this? Have others experienced the same phenomenon, or is it just my newsserver?
    MU and Chung are probably the same person. Before MU, there was Roose (pronounced "ruse"). When someone observed that the posts for Roose and Chung were arriving from the same posting-host ip address, Roose disappeared and MU appeared. This time MU/Chung was smart enough to use a different ISP.

For a while, MU challenged anyone to prove that he and Chung were the same person. When the challenge was accepted, MU disappeared again. He has now resurfaced.
    Last edited by eveshi; January 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

"andrew chung" "mu" - Google Search

Comment

Originally posted by eveshi View Post
        Given that Dr. Chung has been a victim of cyber stalking, I'm a bit skeptical of anonymous people on the internet who claim to know him and suggest to call him personally.
        Would you like MU!! to clear a call with Chung for you, eveshi? I'll be more than happy to ring him up, it's been a while since we spoke, I would enjoy that!

Someone pretending to be this Dr. Andrew Chung has been posting a lot of weird and insulting stuff on various websites, including Usenet, which led to the creation of the following FAQ on him (on the user with that name, not on the real Dr. Chung, who doesn't seem to have anything to do with it):
        Many persons have imitated MU!! as well, that's Usenet, eveshi!

I would think that by now you would realize that there are very sophisticated people who setup Usenet researchers, to play them the fool, with elaborate schemes over years with multiple identities. Some real, some not.

Imagine that!!

Oh, and this is also of interest: Chung and Mu always post at the same time?
        Aw, Yes, the MU=Chung argument! lol Chung and I offered $50,000 to anyone who would meet us in Atlanta SMSA and prove that we were the same person. Of course, they would have to co-escrow $50,000 to lose when we showed up in different bodies! lol

Are you a betting man, eveshi? MU!! bets not.

Comment

Originally posted by eveshi View Post
          Oh, yes, the MUch discredited Ace♠ of avl-v. The late and never great fraud of Dr. Whatever-name-he-made-up, super psychologist he was.

Until we dropped a dime on him to Nevada Medicine and he nearly got tossed into the pokie for impersonating a medical doctor.

Isn't Usenet a fun place, eveshi? A lot of folks lost their jobs, teaching positions, by posting from work, libelous and scandalous things, character assassinations and such.

Sad that was.

Usenet is a only place for the TCP/IP technically gifted, eveshi.

Comment

When To Eat

MU!! received many a request in utilizing the 2PD OMER Approach to an eating lifestyle change when is the appropriate time to eat and how much? 1/3 three meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner?

Let your body tell you when to eat noting that being hungry is a good thing. Hunger is not a sign of body weakness or the requirement for food. Hunger is the body's response to the regularity of food intake. When you begin to decrease food intake to 2lbs/day, the body will react. Let it!

Hunger is good! Hunger is the sign that you are not overconsuming. Hunger is not starvation.

Personally, I do not eat breakfast, I eat a light lunch (Chung and MU often enjoyed a Blimpie sandwich and water for lunch together). Dinner, I eat to the 2pd limit and if, on rare occasion, I overeat, my body, with its newly shrunken stomach, will let me know with a feeling of being stuffed.

Let MU!! hear your body talk (~Olivia Newton-John and a thanks to her!)!

Comment

Chung, MU Get Rich Off The Two Pound Diet!!

Uh, no.

The 2PD is free to all. I signed over my rights to commercialize the diet and by contract of which Dr. Andrew Chung and I are holding, neither of us can make one darn cent of of it.

Our only incentive is that the public have access to the simplicity, honesty and success of the 2PD.

Comment

MU!!, I didn't intend to suggest (and do not believe) that MU!! is Dr. Chung. At least not the real one. However, I question that what MU!! is doing here (and on other forums) is in Dr. Chung's interest, or in the interest of people who seek health advice.

This MU-Chung stuff has been posted on lots of different websites, and never did anything good come out of it (as can be seen by anyone using Google: "andrew chung" "mu" - Google Search / "andrew b. chung" - Google Search). I don't know what the motive behind it is, but it is clear that it is not just about giving a simple health advice. (@ all: If you don't believe me, use the above Google suggestions and decide for yourself whether this stuff is credible or not.)
                Last edited by eveshi; January 21st, 2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

MU!! I Will Defeat The 2PD !!!

"by eating two ponds of <insert any high fat food like chocolate>! So there, in yo' face!"
                  Go right ahead. See how long your body will be happy with 2lbs of Hershey bars, or gummy bears or any other eating plan that lacks the diversity of CHO and proteins.

MU!! bets that you are eating over 2lbs/day without realizing that you are just as MU!! did! You did buy your food scale to weigh your intake, yes?
                  I thought I was eating moderately and in comparison to many Americans I was. They eat 4-5 lbs of consumption each day.

Overconsumption is the issue. Slowly drop your overconsumption to 2lbs/day and watch what remarkable weight loss, health gains and a new lifestyle and approach to eating will happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X