Undergoing a lifestyle change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undergoing a lifestyle change

For some the road of life is pretty consistent, for myself life has been pretty difficult. Perhaps some of it was my fault.

More recently I have changed the way I eat and the amount of exercise i get, in addition to this I want to improve other areas of my life, such as my mental strength.

I am considering cutting down, or even cutting out activities I have enjoyed regularly, that present the problem of draining energy.

There is one activity that is particularly addicting I find myself wanting to do before bed, as well as in the morning. You know what I mean, gentlemen.

Is there a method to deal with such physical impulses that will aid me in breaking my addiction to solo release? This is a serious question, thanks you.

Originally posted by teslathewrestla View Post
    For some the road of life is pretty consistent, for myself life has been pretty difficult. Perhaps some of it was my fault.

More recently I have changed the way I eat and the amount of exercise i get, in addition to this I want to improve other areas of my life, such as my mental strength.

I am considering cutting down, or even cutting out activities I have enjoyed regularly, that present the problem of draining energy.

There is one activity that is particularly addicting I find myself wanting to do before bed, as well as in the morning. You know what I mean, gentlemen.

Is there a method to deal with such physical impulses that will aid me in breaking my addiction to solo release? This is a serious question, thanks you.
    It is not an addiction. Biological urges are not addictions. The urge to reproduce is not an addiction. Hunger, thirst, needing to breathe, going to the bathroom, sneezing, coughing, are not addictions either.

The only healthy alternative is to find a partner. Otherwise the urges will become suppressed and work themselves out in other ways that can be harmful. This is why there are so many sex scandals involving religious figures.

If you are doing it ten times a day, in public places, it caused you to lose your job, your friends deserted you, and it is ruining your life, that might be a symptom of a pathology and you should see a doctor. Otherwise I think you are worrying over nothing.
    Last edited by anonymous; August 25th, 2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X