sleep disorder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep disorder

1. Insomnia: Insomnia is a name synonimous with sleep disorder. It is a disorder characterized by persistent difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. This disorder can often lead one to frustration as many insomniacs are known to complain about being unable to put their mind to rest by closing their eyes for more than a few minutes a time. Different types of insomnia include, transient insomnia, acute insomnia and chronic insomnia.

2. Sleep Paralysis: A common sleeping disorder is sleep paralysis. The disorder is characterized by transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles that occurs either upon awakening from sleep or while falling asleep. The symptoms include, paralysis, when the person can neither move any part of the body nor can he speak and hallucinations, when the parson might feel someones presence around or may hear strange sounds.

3. Sleepwalking: Somnambulism or sleepwalking as it is commonly known is a sleeping disorder where the sufferer engages in sleep activities normally associated with wakefulness while actually being in a sleep-like state. This disorder is most commonly observed in people with high levels of stress and anxiety or people with genetic factors.

4. Night Terror: Another commonly observed sleeping disorder is night terror or pavor nocturnus, characterized by extreme terror and temporary inability to regain full consciousness. More interestingly, a night terror can rarely be recalled by the subject. As against the normal beliefs, night terrors are distinct from nightmares. One of the most popular types of night terrors involves insects and this occurs most commonly of the female gender.

5. Restless Legs Syndrome: Wittmaack-Ekbom's Syndrome or more commonly known as Restless Legs Syndrome, is one of the top sleeping disorders. The condition is characterized by an irresistible urge to move one's body as a reflex action to stop odd sensations mostly in the legs, arms and torso. RLS is known to cause a sensation closely comparable to burning, itching or tickling sensation.

Thanks for sharing with us information about sleep disorder. Can you help me to know how to cure these disorders.

Comment

Hi,

Insomnia or lack of sleep may have a big effect on judgment, memory, hand to eye coordination, well-being, and reaction-time. Some health experts suggest that contracting the muscles then relaxing the muscles starting with toes and proceeding upwards can help patient to relax.

Comment

I sometimes have insomnia and one of my family members snores. How are these sleep disorders prevented or cured? Do we have to go to a physician?

Comment

It is a disorder characterized by persistent difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. This disorder can often lead one to frustration as many insomniacs are known to complain about being unable to put their mind to rest by closing their eyes for more than a few minutes a time. Different types of insomnia include, transient insomnia, acute insomnia and chronic insomnia. Sleep Paralysis: A common sleeping disorder is sleep paralysis. The disorder is characterized by transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles that occurs either upon awakening from sleep or while falling asleep. The symptoms include, paralysis, when the person can neither move any part of the body nor can he speak and hallucinations, when the parson might feel someones presence around or may hear strange sounds. sleeping disorder where the sufferer engages in sleep activities normally associated with wakefulness while actually being in a sleep-like state. This disorder is most commonly observed in people with high levels of stress and anxiety or people with genetic factors. Night Terror: Another commonly observed sleeping disorder is night terror or pavor nocturnus, characterized by extreme terror and temporary inability to regain full consciousness. More interestingly, a night terror can rarely be recalled by the subject. As against the normal beliefs, night terrors are distinct from nightmares. One of the most popular types of night terrors involves insects and this occurs most commonly of the female gender.

Comment

Delete sleep disorder

Originally posted by Manali View Post
            Thanks for sharing with us information about sleep disorder. Can you help me to know how to cure these disorders.
            If you are having any of these sleep disorders there may be some unresolved issues that you must work with. There may be kept issues, problems and stress that you must solve. SO whatever unknown reasons that you have, you should delete all of these using the Yuen method by putting unknown reasons for your sleep disorders at the mid-line. If you want to know more about the midline and the yuen method, then check it here Energy Medicine Free Video Library - Energy Medicine - Chinese Energetics

Comment

Sleep disorder are common problem. I also have sleep disorder before but when I practice meditation I feel better and gain enough sleep at night. Meditation helps you to reduce your stress in life.

Comment

this is very common. At first , I thought that I am the only one having this. Its so hard having this, when its attacking. Mine was called Psychological Insomnia..I wonder what's the real remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Manali View Post
                  Yes I am also looking for cure.I have friend who have Sleep disorder problem. His term mostly resemble with sleepwalking. How to treat this..please..

Comment

For anyone still happening upon this thread and is looking for an answer....

I would try Gaba you can get it from the health food store. It's a natural way to shut down the inner 'brain chatter' that keeps you awake. I had tried everything, from melatonin, to sleeping pills, to warm milk...nothing works as well as Gaba.
                    I'm not promoting a brand for any reason other than personal effectiveness..but NOW brand is the one that works for me while others have been more pricey and been totally ineffective.

Do some of your own google searches perhaps...but here's a start, I just found this one.
                    Taurine, Gaba & Anxiety | LIVESTRONG.COM
                    Last edited by platobird; September 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

got the same problem..

-ekgdepot

Comment

A great solution to this problem I have found is valerian root, it can be bought online and is very cheap. You simply brew a teaspoon in a pot of boiling water over the stove until the water turns dark brown, then filter out the pieces of valerian root and drink

Comment

I found that it helps me a lot if i count back slowly from 100 to 0. Breath very very slowly and count one number down with every breath.

Comment

Working...
                          X