Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little about myself: 'Lo, I'm a little unsure if there are trolls or people who make fun of others on this site...so um, please excuse my recalcitrance in divulging too many details. Last thing I need is a bunch of skeptics at my throat.

What I can do: Every few months (now 4-5 months since my last one), I get visions of my future. It's only for a few minutes and always in my sleep but I can feel what I would feel and hear my own thought process during that time and see everything in either first or third person. The events I see alway occur months to a year afterward. It's random in terms of importance and sporadic.

A few examples:

an acquaintance's funeral- A month after I started dated my now ex-boyfriend (ex #2) I got a vision of myself attending an acquaintance's funeral. I personally had not spoken to the guy in over three years and I was terribly confused. I saw the flower arrangements, saw the alma mater towel hanging off his casket, heard his name, saw his face (at the time, I was even more confused because the body did not look like the guy at all), but more so, I questioned why I was even attending his funeral in the first place. Turns out he was my then boyfriend's best friend but I pushed it off thinking about the invincibility of youth and how it was just a bad dream. He was only 28 and he died of a heart attack. How was I supposed to tell my then-boyfriend " hey, you should talk more often with John because I got a vision about his funeral". I couldn't and I feel bad to this day about my lack of action.

Reassuring my then boyfriend that my transsexual friend is actually transsexual and that the last time I saw him, he was wearing a skirt-

I was still dating another person at the time and I was just confused about the location and the individual. How on earth did I manage to convince ex #1 to attend an orchestra concerto without a book or snide comments? Why did my transsexual friend ( male to female) wear pants and why did I feel the urge to reassure the person I was with that she/he actually wears skirts on a regular basis? Turns out I ended up dating ex #2 a year later and the night before the concert, I met with the transsexual friend who decided to show up looking like a regular heterosexual guy, and then we both went to meet ex #2. To say ex#2 was confused is an understatement, probably more so than I was when I got the vision.

A vision of walking down a red walkway leading to a beautiful beach with one of my friends next to me- a week later, my friends decided to invite me to go for spring break in Cancun. Before then, I had every intention of spending spring break at home. The walkway and the beach were beautiful..the 50 degree temperature, not so much.

I can also hear thoughts or small messages if projected mentally loud enough, if someone desperately wants someone to answer a question. In the past, I would categorize myself as an empath but then I read that children who are often lonely end up as much more empathic because they read body signals so well.

What I want to do: Control my abilities and protect myself. I've been attacked before. When I was younger, I woke up sometimes with scratches down my back and ribs, stuff that cannot be explained -I bite my nails and I sleep alone. The most recent attack came from believe it or not, my ****ing computer screen. I was reading a story on nosleep when I saw an old woman's face come up on the side on my screen. I focused on her visage thinking I was hullucinating and then I immediately felt a deep scratch on my collarbone as if someone had dragged their nail across my skin. I looked in the mirror and there's this four inch long red mark- my hands however, were still on the keyboard when all this occurred.

I would like to control my abilities. It gets annoying to have sporadic visions, I can't control when they occur or how.

What I believe: I believe that some things are possible, I not sure how to prove it, and that the universe has a spiritual side and a physical side. I do not mess with ghosts. It's a nice way to screw up your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chibs View Post
      A little about myself: 'Lo, I'm a little unsure if there are trolls or people who make fun of others on this site...so um, please excuse my recalcitrance in divulging too many details. Last thing I need is a bunch of skeptics at my throat.
      This forum is not moderated. If you have problems with trolls you can try the Psychic Support Forum which is also on this server and is moderated.

What I can do: Every few months (now 4-5 months since my last one), I get visions of my future. It's only for a few minutes and always in my sleep but I can feel what I would feel and hear my own thought process during that time and see everything in either first or third person. The events I see alway occur months to a year afterward. It's random in terms of importance and sporadic.

A few examples:

an acquaintance's funeral- A month after I started dated my now ex-boyfriend (ex #2) I got a vision of myself attending an acquaintance's funeral. I personally had not spoken to the guy in over three years and I was terribly confused. I saw the flower arrangements, saw the alma mater towel hanging off his casket, heard his name, saw his face (at the time, I was even more confused because the body did not look like the guy at all), but more so, I questioned why I was even attending his funeral in the first place. Turns out he was my then boyfriend's best friend but I pushed it off thinking about the invincibility of youth and how it was just a bad dream. He was only 28 and he died of a heart attack. How was I supposed to tell my then-boyfriend " hey, you should talk more often with John because I got a vision about his funeral". I couldn't and I feel bad to this day about my lack of action.

Reassuring my then boyfriend that my transsexual friend is actually transsexual and that the last time I saw him, he was wearing a skirt-

I was still dating another person at the time and I was just confused about the location and the individual. How on earth did I manage to convince ex #1 to attend an orchestra concerto without a book or snide comments? Why did my transsexual friend ( male to female) wear pants and why did I feel the urge to reassure the person I was with that she/he actually wears skirts on a regular basis? Turns out I ended up dating ex #2 a year later and the night before the concert, I met with the transsexual friend who decided to show up looking like a regular heterosexual guy, and then we both went to meet ex #2. To say ex#2 was confused is an understatement, probably more so than I was when I got the vision.

A vision of walking down a red walkway leading to a beautiful beach with one of my friends next to me- a week later, my friends decided to invite me to go for spring break in Cancun. Before then, I had every intention of spending spring break at home. The walkway and the beach were beautiful..the 50 degree temperature, not so much.

I can also hear thoughts or small messages if projected mentally loud enough, if someone desperately wants someone to answer a question. In the past, I would categorize myself as an empath but then I read that children who are often lonely end up as much more empathic because they read body signals so well.

What I want to do: Control my abilities and protect myself. I've been attacked before.
      These links might help:

How to Cope with Being Psychic

What to do about Unwanted Spirit Contact: How to Help Spirits Complete Their Transition to the Spirit World

When I was younger, I woke up sometimes with scratches down my back and ribs, stuff that cannot be explained -I bite my nails and I sleep alone. The most recent attack came from believe it or not, my ****ing computer screen. I was reading a story on nosleep when I saw an old woman's face come up on the side on my screen. I focused on her visage thinking I was hullucinating and then I immediately felt a deep scratch on my collarbone as if someone had dragged their nail across my skin. I looked in the mirror and there's this four inch long red mark- my hands however, were still on the keyboard when all this occurred.

I would like to control my abilities. It gets annoying to have sporadic visions, I can't control when they occur or how.

What I believe: I believe that some things are possible, I not sure how to prove it, and that the universe has a spiritual side and a physical side. I do not mess with ghosts. It's a nice way to screw up your life.
      Most psychics are not able to completely control their abilities. There are things you can do, but sometimes it just means learning to cope. Learning more about what other people have experienced and that you are not the only one having these experiences can help too. This is discussed in the link above.

If you want to prevent attacks you might have to convince earthbound spirits to complete their transition to the spirit world. In the link above it discusses prayer so you can try just using that but using all means available would probably get better results.

Also, you might want to consider not reading nosleep and things like that. Like attracts like. You attract what you think about. I can't read fantasy stories about demons because they give me sleep paralysis. And I don't believe in demons.

Do the scratches happen more often when you are emotionally upset? That could be an indication that they are caused by some mental (physical or non-physical) process from your own mind rather than from a spirit. See: What to do about Poltergeist
      Last edited by anonymous; June 24th, 2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Control is about saying "yes" and "no"

Hi Chibs, Welcome to the forum. I'm new here, but not new to experiences that are pretty unpleasant as you've described. The most important thing I've learned is that you are the owner of your energy and your psychic space. You get to say who or what is welcome next to you, just like you do in your physical space.

If you don't like someone in the physical world then you either leave them or ask them to leave you alone, ignore them, or get the cops or whatever you need to do to keep your physical space clear of people you don't enjoy having around you. Same thing with energy or other dimensional beings.

I remember once I thought it would be neat to ask some particular guys I had heard would be interesting to engage with from another planet to learn from them. So I did, I did not like them. I had to tell them "no" for about three days, finally they got the hint and left. Sometimes it's easier than others. The big trick with negative energies is not to give them energy at all.

In other words, pay attention to how you feel when you watch movies, surf the net, read books and so on. If you feel dark and "evil" or anything you aren't enjoying, then stop reading the book. You are inviting those negative energies into your space by reading or watching or surfing places where they are hanging out. Even researching them to find out more about them is a way to invite them. Saying "no" means slamming the soor on them completely, no questions either. We don't need to know more about them, to protect ourselves. We don't even need to know if they are real or not real. All we need to know is we don't like how we feel, period. Then you go and get busy doing something you love, something that makes you laugh and lifts your spirits to where you are feeling good about who you are. That's how you say "yes" to the energies and spirits you do want to have around you.

My four cents worth (big wide grin)

Marlana

Comment

Originally posted by Marlana View Post
          In other words, pay attention to how you feel when you watch movies, surf the net, read books and so on. If you feel dark and "evil" or anything you aren't enjoying, then stop reading the book. You are inviting those negative energies into your space by reading or watching or surfing places where they are hanging out. Even researching them to find out more about them is a way to invite them. Saying "no" means slamming the soor on them completely, no questions either. We don't need to know more about them, to protect ourselves. We don't even need to know if they are real or not real. All we need to know is we don't like how we feel, period. Then you go and get busy doing something you love, something that makes you laugh and lifts your spirits to where you are feeling good about who you are. That's how you say "yes" to the energies and spirits you do want to have around you.
          That reminds me of an experience I had a number of years ago. I had read a number of books by a particular author, and found them very interesting. I bought another book from the same author and settled down to read it. I tried several times, over a period of a few weeks or maybe months (this was a very long time ago). But I started to notice that every time I began to read from that book I felt very gloomy and depressed, for no obvious reason. Eventually I got the message - I put the book down and never attempted to even open it after that.

Comment

Hi
            So, this is my first post where we do the awkward bit of introduction whilst avoiding all divergence of private information resulting in the "WTF do I say now?" effect.
            I'm 19, have no idea what my brain is doing but know that there is at least one person who thinks I'm experiencing some form of psychic phenomenon (or phenomena... more than one thing...). I've looked up the top there are onesic on the internet and seem to meet many of the traits for being psychic, and since I prefer that explanation over "crazy" (pretty sure that's the other option), have come here to ask questions which real life (as opposed to the internet) does not appear to offer any answer to whatsoever.
            Whenever I close my eyes I see faces, not of people I know or remember seeing, but sometimes they seem familiar or to be asking for help, but I don't know how to make them tell me precisely what it is they want - it's a little like being deaf to them, but not blind. Occasionally there are ones which are just trying to scare me, but they go away eventually. This is the main thing, I do not understand it, I do not know what to do about it, it has a tendency to worry me and is the main reason I want answers.
            I am also very empathic, especially towards my mother but also towards some friends - things like I used to know when some friends wouldn't be in school because of asthma or illness.
            I usually know when bad things are going to happen or when people are going to cancel meeting up.
            People who come to me in dreams sometimes stay with me throughout the day; that is to say I dream them and then feel them with me when I am awake.
            I suspect that there are other things, but I don't remember them all at once - mostly a lot of small things.
            Anyway, that's why I'm here. Hi!

Comment

Sounds like you're in the right place

I'm sort of new here, too, but I will dare to jump in and just give you a warm welcome and let you know that, crazy or psychic, you are welcome. (warm smile)

One of the most valuable things I've learned is to try to find a way to just observe what is going on with all of these strange experiences without assigning them some level of good or bad ratings which, in turn, can leave you feeling good or bad in some way. I have found, for me, that the more I allow them to just be whatever they are, unless they are hurtful to me in some way, the more freely they come to my awareness. That means if you want more "weird" experiences, then accepting them is the quickest way to get more f them. If you want them to go away, then being skeptical may make them seem like they are going away, but may, in the long run, make you feel depressed or oppressed, depending on what's going on with your experiences.

My take on things, is that that it doesn't hurt to just watch, and if I don't like the "channel" change it, or walk away from it; distract myself until something else comes on. Being afraid of something we can't explain doesn't really accomplish much except to make us afraid, seems sort of silly to say that I guess, but that's what I've learned in my life. So, I try to suspend fear of the unknown, when I can, and respect things or people that I think might actually have negative intentions.

Hope that makes a little bit of sense. If not, then I guess I'm in the right place too. (chuckle)

Marlana

Comment

Originally posted by WeirdAndWonderful View Post
                Hi
                So, this is my first post where we do the awkward bit of introduction whilst avoiding all divergence of private information resulting in the "WTF do I say now?" effect.
                I'm 19, have no idea what my brain is doing but know that there is at least one person who thinks I'm experiencing some form of psychic phenomenon (or phenomena... more than one thing...). I've looked up the top there are onesic on the internet and seem to meet many of the traits for being psychic, and since I prefer that explanation over "crazy" (pretty sure that's the other option), have come here to ask questions which real life (as opposed to the internet) does not appear to offer any answer to whatsoever.
                Whenever I close my eyes I see faces, not of people I know or remember seeing, but sometimes they seem familiar or to be asking for help, but I don't know how to make them tell me precisely what it is they want - it's a little like being deaf to them, but not blind.
                I see faces like this too.

I eventually took classes in mediumship at a spiritualist church: http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience

If you want to try learning to communicate on your own: How to Communicate with Spirits

Occasionally there are ones which are just trying to scare me, but they go away eventually.
                How to get rid of spirits: What to do about Unwanted Spirit Contact: How to Help Spirits Complete Their Transition to the Spirit World

I read this sermon every day and it keeps down the unpleasant visits: http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/rescue

This is the main thing, I do not understand it, I do not know what to do about it, it has a tendency to worry me and is the main reason I want answers.
                The best thing to do is to learn about what other people have experienced. When you learn that you are not the only person like this then it becomes more of a normal thing and you stop worrying so much: How to Cope with Being Psychic

I am also very empathic, especially towards my mother but also towards some friends - things like I used to know when some friends wouldn't be in school because of asthma or illness.
                I usually know when bad things are going to happen or when people are going to cancel meeting up.
                People who come to me in dreams sometimes stay with me throughout the day; that is to say I dream them and then feel them with me when I am awake.
                I suspect that there are other things, but I don't remember them all at once - mostly a lot of small things.
                Anyway, that's why I'm here. Hi!

Comment

Thanks for responses nice to hear from others about this kinda thing!

Comment

A bit about me

If you're interested in developing psi abilities, please describe:

1. some general info on yourself, if possible.
                    I'm in my mid-thirties living in Canada and experienced what I would call a life awakening about 3 years ago after a near death experience. Currently, I am back in school full time pursuing a psychology degree, aiming to become a therapist. I am interested in body work, energy healing, etc. Recently (after the last full moon), it feels as if I have had another awakening. After a meditation, I was speaking to my husband (who is also interested in this work) and the words, I am a healer just surfaced with no prior thought. While, I have been told this before, I never took much stock in it but now feel it is time to move forward, to learn, grow, and develop this part of myself. I have always been interested but never seriously studied.

2. What you can do?
                    Through meditation, I manifest intense energy and feel I can direct it. I can also feel the energy of others if I am open and not in a stressed state. A couple of times, I felt as if someone was speaking through me. People just seem to open up to me, without prompting. It seems that when people tell me their dreams, my encouragement helps them to take those steps to make it reality, whereas before they have told me they were too afraid to follow through. I am not sure what any of this means, or if there is anything to work with in regards to these examples.

3. What you want to develop?
                    Healing others with energy and therapy.

4. How you develop your abilities, etc.
                    Meditation, some Reikian exercises
                    5. What do you believe is possible

6. If you witnessed anything interesting, might be a good read as well.
                    Not anything I can think of at the moment...

Look forward to reading posts and getting to know the community!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rae View Post
                      Healing others with energy and therapy.

Meditation, some Reikian exercises

Look forward to reading posts and getting to know the community!

Thank you!
                      Hi Rae,

I'm also interested in energy healing. I learned spiritual healing through a Spiritualist church.

The technique I use is described on my web site: http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing

The exercise I use to develop sensitivity to the energy is descirbed on my blog: A Synthesis of Spiritual Healing and Qi Gong

If you don't mind describing it, I would be interested in reading about the way you meditate, and the Reikian exercises you do.

Thanks

Comment

I am in my early 20s. Going to college and studying for a business degree. I have two auto immune diseases (Juvenile Dermatomyositis and Hashimotos). I love to play sports, make things with my hands, listen to music, read, write, and more. I am interested in a lot of things about the "abnormal" so to speak. Especially auras, being able to feel others emotions as if it's your own, energy fields, energy healing, and seeing and communicating with spirits. I can feel other peoples energy. If I am open to it and within a certain proximity of them i can feel their energy as my own, mainly emotions like anger, fear, happiness, etc. Certain people however whom I have become very close to I can feel theirs no matter the distance. Also since I was little I have been able to "see" things, premonitions. I have recently predicted a few things that people said would never happen. The last thing is I see shadows around my house. One travels throughout and gives me a since of peace as if there to protect me. I have small shadows dancing infront of me every once in a while. The only other one I have seen hangs around in my parents room. This one however does not give me a good feeling, a stomach churning nervous feeling. I want to develop the ability to see auras, block or protect myself from negative energies, and see and communicate with spirits, like spirit guides or spirits in general. I believe anything is possible. Well one thing that comes to mind is my ex boyfriend and I were talking one day going somewhere. He doesn't know his bio father nor likes him at all. So he said to me he never wants to meet anyone of his other siblings from his father. Not being able to control myself I spat out well what if they find you. And all I could see at that moment was a women older than he was but shorter. I didn't know exactly what she looked like or how she would find him. I just knew she would find him somehow. This was in July and we never spoke of it again. Well behold November rolls around and who does he happen to meet? His older half sister and they both have become very close since then.

Also I look forward to being apart of this forum and hopefully helping others in anyway I can, as well as getting help myself with some things.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Sissy View Post
                          The only other one I have seen hangs around in my parents room. This one however does not give me a good feeling, a stomach churning nervous feeling. I want to develop the ability to see auras, block or protect myself from negative energies, and see and communicate with spirits, like spirit guides or spirits in general.
                          Hi Sissy,

The best thing to do if you have spirits that not giving a good feeling is to try to encourage them to complete their transition to the spirit world: How to Help Spirits Complete Their Transition to the Spirit World

There are various ways to communicate with spirits: How to Communicate with Spirits

You might have heard of this, but one way to protect yourself from negative energies is to visualize a shield of white light surrounding yourself that keeps the energy away from you. Have you tried that?

Comment

New to Forum/Psychic Abilities

Hi,
                            My name is JBluerose,
                            I found out a year ago that my daughter and I have psychic abilities. I am so happy to have found this forum. It is very isolating (and shame producing) when you are seeing, hearing, smelling,and feeling things that other people don't seem to. I am just glad that my daughter, who is 11, has similar experiences.
                            I am coming to terms with these abilities, although I cried for many months, was angry, terrified and angry at God because I have always felt different from other people to begin with.I was extremely sensitive.
                            From researching psychic abilities, I seem to have precognition, clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience, clairaliance, aura reading, dowsing (sometimes), mediumship,telepathy,empathy,and death warning. I may have repeated myself with certain names, but I am not clear about all the differences between them.
                            I am not very strong in all. My clairvoyance, clairsentience, empathy and precognition are very strong.
                            I would like to develop remote viewing.I am trying to hone these skills by working with a coach to learn how to give readings.
                            I think it would be possible to really help people grieve and get closure about deceased relatives, and also to provide information about future events that could empower people.
                            I don't want to write excessively, but am very happy to have a place where I can share about my psychic experiences.
                            This may not be too interesting, but recently, I came home with my daughter. I smelled a strong scent of dog food in the dining room. It was odd because we don't have a dog and any weird smells should come from the kitchen, where the frigerator is. So, my daughter said she didn't smell it. About 10 minutes pass, and I start seeing (in my mind's eye) a german shepherd dog running all around my house.I thought to myself, " Oh, geez, now we are getting animals, too, not just people spirits." I ask the dog who its owner is and he replied, "Sam". My daughter saw the dog as well, so I asked her who had a dog die recently whose owner is named was Sam. My daughter said her old friend's dog died 6 months ago (a german shepherd) and the grandfather's name- the owner was Sam.
                            The dog continued to run around the house. We finally got it ( am I really saying this ??) to sit on my daughter's bed with her. My daughter told me to close the dog so he can't get out. Then she says," Mom, can he go THROUGH the door?" We both started laughing and I responded, " Are we REALLY having this conversation???" After a few hours, the dog started jumping on me and wouldn't stop. I was beginning to wonder if the dog was a negative spirit. I asked the people spirits in my house to get the dog under control. They did, and we haven't seen our new "pet" since. By the way, my daughter is always asking me for a dog, so there you go.....
                            Last edited by JBluerose; August 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBluerose View Post
                              Hi,
                              My name is JBluerose,
                              I found out a year ago that my daughter and I have psychic abilities. I am so happy to have found this forum. It is very isolating (and shame producing) when you are seeing, hearing, smelling,and feeling things that other people don't seem to. I am just glad that my daughter, who is 11, has similar experiences.
                              I am coming to terms with these abilities, although I cried for many months, was angry, terrified and angry at God because I have always felt different from other people to begin with.I was extremely sensitive.
                              From researching psychic abilities, I seem to have precognition, clairvoyance, clairsentience, clairaudience, clairaliance, aura reading, dowsing (sometimes), mediumship,telepathy,empathy,and death warning. I may have repeated myself with certain names, but I am not clear about all the differences between them.
                              I am not very strong in all. My clairvoyance, clairsentience, empathy and precognition are very strong.
                              I would like to develop remote viewing.I am trying to hone these skills by working with a coach to learn how to give readings.
                              Hi JBluerose,

These links might be helpful:

How to Cope with Being Psychic. This article also has a brief section for parents of psychic children but it sounds like you are doing well with your daughter.

Psychic Development

There are a lot of people who have a hard time emotionally due to their psychic experiences. That's why we started the Psychic Support Forum on this server, the Psychic Support FAQ thread might also have information that you will find helpful.

I would be interested in hearing about how you work with your coach. How did you find someone to help you? How are they teaching you?

Thanks
                              Last edited by anonymous; August 9th, 2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

dextion

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                                Just another thread where you introduce yourself.

If you're interested in developing psi abilities, please describe:
                                1. some general info on yourself, if possible.
                                2. What you can do?
                                5. What do you believe is possible
                                6. If you witnessed anything interesting, might be a good read as well.

Thanks.
                                1 hello my name is dextion, i am 17 been trying to control the abilitys i can do for about 2 years buti am having troubles.
                                2 i am very capeable of making seals, but i am not good at controling them and i place them on myself without relising it.
                                3 i wish to control my ability.
                                4 i honestly usaly learn from watching then repeat, the seals skill i dont know how i did it...
                                5 anything is possible, if you say it is impossible you gave up.
                                6 the most interesting thing i have experiance was when i was 6... i started to get flash backs of a burning village and screams, i was really messed up after that. at the age of 11 i started to get more memoried but these were good one, they showed a man falling in love with a girl named rose, and how they got married... and how she destroyed him.

Comment

Working...
                                X