Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test your remote viewing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Test your remote viewing.

    I have placed a bit paper somewhere in my apartment, could be in something also. On the bit of paper I've written - Skeptiko THE SWEDE.

    good luck.

  • #2
    [QUOTE=The Swede;87219]I have placed a bit paper somewhere in my apartment, could be in something also. On the bit of paper I've written - Skeptiko THE SWEDE.
    Last edited by sbu; February 29th, 2012, 01:58 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sbu View Post
      It won't work Swede! According to a dominant proponent on psi debating here - psi can't be tested in such an objective way.
      Hmm.. How come?

      I did it on a swedish paranormal forum and people tried, but then again they failed.

      Comment


      • #4
        [QUOTE=The Swede;87223]Hmm.. How come?

        I did it on a swedish paranormal forum and people tried, but then again they failed
        Last edited by sbu; February 29th, 2012, 01:59 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sbu is putting words in my mouth again. Apparently pointing out the deficiencies of Randi's challenge means that I subscribe to all manner of other ideas. Sbu apparently believes that he can telepathically read my thoughts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Under a Swedish Fish and on top of an IKEA table.

            Comment


            • #7
              I deleted the contents of my previous posts (the Delete Post option wasn't working) as they weren't relevant for this thread. Anway - they only medium I have ever read of who allegedly mastered remote viewing to the extreme you request in this challenge is Stefan Ossowiecki.

              You should try to put 9 photos into 9 sealed envelopes and try to let a medium describe the photo within each envelope - with the envelope in front of him (a more traditionel setup). Then you maybe able to get something you will score as hits.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Under a Swedish Fish and on top of an IKEA table.
                Actually it's on a IKEA furniture and inside something but who could have guessed, hehe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure what the question is really, but perhaps you are asking where your paper is located?
                  I think it is beside something rounded and soft and has a sign like the royal air force on it, might be a little animal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Slorri View Post
                    Not sure what the question is really, but perhaps you are asking where your paper is located?
                    I think it is beside something rounded and soft and has a sign like the royal air force on it, might be a little animal.
                    Wait a minute.. Could you describe the sign that looked like the royal air force sign? That was interesting, but it's nothing with animals.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Swede View Post
                      Wait a minute.. Could you describe the sign that looked like the royal air force sign? That was interesting, but it's nothing with animals.
                      Mmm... it looked like a rounded object, perhaps the size of a teddy bear, light grey or glass colour, and on this a sign, two thick circles, one inside the other; could also be a sign on a round hat.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Slorri View Post
                        Mmm... it looked like a rounded object, perhaps the size of a teddy bear, light grey or glass colour, and on this a sign, two thick circles, one inside the other; could also be a sign on a round hat.
                        Aha, okey. Well then it's not even close. :/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Swede View Post
                          I have placed a bit paper somewhere in my apartment, could be in something also. On the bit of paper I've written - Skeptiko THE SWEDE.

                          good luck.
                          It,s under on your computer table.Look.....look.Yes right there

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've seen something like this done on forums, but you have to be liberal with what you determine is a hit. Radin contributed an anecdote of putting something in his drawer marked the target and got a pretty accurate description of it, and on the other forum I saw they had to fiddle with the location of the item a bit. It seems that RV may indeed be a real thing, but it's not like taking a digital photo from a far; you have to be open to "I smell coffee, it looks kind of silver-like." as a partial hit for a tin coffee cup

                            It would be interesting to come up with a proper metric for determining how accurately described a target is; a bone of contention with skeptics is that 'hits' and 'misses' for RV is sort of subjectively picked.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JCearley View Post
                              I've seen something like this done on forums, but you have to be liberal with what you determine is a hit. Radin contributed an anecdote of putting something in his drawer marked the target and got a pretty accurate description of it, and on the other forum I saw they had to fiddle with the location of the item a bit. It seems that RV may indeed be a real thing, but it's not like taking a digital photo from a far; you have to be open to "I smell coffee, it looks kind of silver-like." as a partial hit for a tin coffee cup

                              It would be interesting to come up with a proper metric for determining how accurately described a target is; a bone of contention with skeptics is that 'hits' and 'misses' for RV is sort of subjectively picked.
                              Yes I've done some RV training using the method Major Ed Dames teaches... as used by the US Army back in the 60s and 70s... and it takes a lot of practice and results are not what you expect. It's not simply a case of saying "It's on a table in your kitchen"

                              With RV you generally have a list of terms to describe what you are seeing, feeling, smelling. eg: You might write down... "hot", "cold", "light" "dark", "smooth", "rough", what you smell, what you hear etc etc. and you draw what are very crude shapes with not a lot of detail.

                              Where it really works is not having 1 person doing a RV experiment... but having 5 people or 10 people... and you collate what everyone has to see if there is repeatability across what they all get... and from there it builds a picture which can be amazingly accurate.

                              Here is an example of a Psychic using remote viewing.. and gives you a good idea of what they do.

                              Psychic Medium Joseph Tittel Conducts A Remote Viewing Reading - YouTube

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X