Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello there, possible empath here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello there, possible empath here?

    Hi guys. It's been a while since I have been here!

    I *think* I could be an empath. I hesitate so much on coming out and saying yes I am because I don't want to be a hypochondriac lol. I read the signs and almost all of them I relate too. Is there a way to say for certain? I have started meditating to help clear my head when I get home from work. I tend to bring emotions home with me and I have found meditating helpful.

    Yesterday was a perfect example of why I think I am an empath:

    Went to work (I love my job-dog groomer) and was happy and fine working with my boss as she almost always has great energy. Well the boss left for a few minutes and the other groomer came up and was clearly angry about something. I was around this for about an hour or so before I left and I noticed that when I got home I was snappy and angry. I meditated for about 10 minutes and instantly felt better. Also, the same woman was having knee problems and was in a good amount of pain and I noticed that my wrist was hurting yesterday where I have tendinitis. Today, no pain and I'm off work.

    Thoughts? I hope I don't sound too much like a noob... Lol

  • #2
    Hi there.

    Its hard to sort out empath experiences from the sort of sensitivities which most of us experience on an everyday basis. I hope you'll come across information here which will help with that.

    A few people here have blogs with useful information. In particular Anonymous, Sandy B and Craig Weiler. Their posts have links but get back to me if you get lost.

    Jules

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi MeNHim17,
      I am an empath too. So I understand what you are going through. For me, most of the time, if I can identify the person whose feelings or pain I am sensing, then as soon as I figure out, the symptoms disappear. I have now learned to try and go back through the day and check when the emotions appeared first and so identify the person.

      meditation does help a lot. There is an empath community forum that you can join. that has really helped in finding people similar to me and discussing my problems. this is the link to the site: The Empath Community - Are you an Empath?

      Hope this helps you. It is a confusing journey, but the more you know and accept these things, the sooner you find ways to deal with.
      Sk9

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you both so much! Sk9 I did join that community and can't wait to explore my gift further. Thank you for the link and suggestion!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I had not realised that there was such a thing as an Empath before.

          I have a strong sense of empathy, more than most of my colleagues and friends, at least in terms of what I observe, but I just put this down to paying attention. When I see someone suffering, I am highly sensitive to this, and I feel strongly a sense of wanting to act in order to help, but I always thought of empathy as being something along a spectrum.

          It is something that can be developed, or remain undeveloped. I hadn't realised there was a psychic phenomena associated with empathy. Or, perhaps the term empath is misleading, or I am misunderstanding its meaning here.
          In fact, it sounds more like hyper sensitivity, picking up the sensations and emotions of another person, rather than feeling empathy towards them (which is a sense of wishing one could act in such a a way as to alleviate the perceived suffering in another).

          When you say you felt angry after being with someone because they were angry, it sounds like you adopted their emotional state; but anger is categorically opposed to empathy. Where anger is present, empathy cannot be, just like where fire is, water would not be. So I must admit to being a little confused.
          Last edited by soulatman; October 31st, 2013, 05:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by soulatman View Post
            I had not realised that there was such a thing as an Empath before.

            I have a strong sense of empathy, more than most of my colleagues and friends, at least in terms of what I observe, but I just put this down to paying attention. When I see someone suffering, I am highly sensitive to this, and I feel strongly a sense of wanting to act in order to help, but I always thought of empathy as being something along a spectrum.

            It is something that can be developed, or remain undeveloped. I hadn't realised there was a psychic phenomena associated with empathy. Or, perhaps the term empath is misleading, or I am misunderstanding its meaning here.
            In fact, it sounds more like hyper sensitivity, picking up the sensations and emotions of another person, rather than feeling empathy towards them (which is a sense of wishing one could act in such a a way as to alleviate the perceived suffering in another).

            When you say you felt angry after being with someone because they were angry, it sounds like you adopted their emotional state; but anger is categorically opposed to empathy. Where anger is present, empathy cannot be, just like where fire is, water would not be. So I must admit to being a little confused.
            You're right, there is a difference. In one state you are interpreting data through your normal senses. In the other your not. Another term for empath (meant in the spiritual sense) is clairsentience. Here you feel the emotions or bodily sensations of another as a real feeling in your own body. Distance is no object. I have had many such experiences with people on the other side of the world. You can experience some profound moments and some you rather wouldn't. Sometimes you feel your body is not your own and at other times you feel privileged. It leaves you with no doubt that we are all connected at a profound level.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jules View Post
              You're right, there is a difference. In one state you are interpreting data through your normal senses. In the other your not. Another term for empath (meant in the spiritual sense) is clairsentience. Here you feel the emotions or bodily sensations of another as a real feeling in your own body. Distance is no object. I have had many such experiences with people on the other side of the world. You can experience some profound moments and some you rather wouldn't. Sometimes you feel your body is not your own and at other times you feel privileged. It leaves you with no doubt that we are all connected at a profound level.
              Thanks for that Jules. It is most interesting, and not something you hear about much.
              I would advise any "empaths" to stay clear of me for a bit. I currently have 10 rib fractures, a broken collar bone, messed up shoulder, and fluid around my lung which sometimes feels like a knife in my lung. Oh, and a nagging wife
              Empaths beware

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by soulatman View Post
                Thanks for that Jules. It is most interesting, and not something you hear about much.
                I would advise any "empaths" to stay clear of me for a bit. I currently have 10 rib fractures, a broken collar bone, messed up shoulder, and fluid around my lung which sometimes feels like a knife in my lung. Oh, and a nagging wife
                Empaths beware
                I will take due caution. Having had a husband with multiple broken bones I probably don't need that experience to understand your reality anyway. Or your wife's.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm an empath

                  I am an empath and I would say from your experience that you are in fact an empath. Also based on the way you severed the connection during meditation and felt back to normal.

                  Important to ground...empaths become ungrounded very easily. Remember also it is a two way street as well. You are not just a receiving but also a transmitter. Just as you can pick it up...if you get upset after picking it up you can then shot it back out at someone. Usually it will just give them a little headache...but just wanted to mention that in case you didn't know.

                  Learning grounding techniques and protection techniques or just carry a citrine crystal on you and it will block most connections from forming although won't stop you from feeling/sensing.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X