X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien abductions and sleep paralysis.

I know the standard explanation is sleep paralysis and/or hallucinations, but how do skeptics account for the cut marks that appear after the alleged event? Do hallucinating or sleep-paralyzed people do that to themselves while undergoing the hallucination or sleep paralysis?

Just wondering.

Possibly, or someone else did it to them. Or they just made it up.

I wonder how many people try to protect someone else by making up an abduction story instead of reporting the person to the police?

~~ Paul

Comment

Skeptics who provide an alternate theory have to prove their theory, because anyone can sit back and propose alternatives, but having to prove them is far harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Psibeliever
        Skeptics who provide an alternate theory have to prove their theory, because anyone can sit back and propose alternatives, but having to prove them is far harder.
        I'm not providing an alternate theory, I'm providing the straightforward possibilities. I believe that the alien abduction theory is the alternate theory.

I still want to know what happened to all the 911 calls!

~~ Paul

Comment

Whoever provides possibilities or alternate explanations or whatever has the burden. But the question still remains, what is the explanation for alien abductions? Sleep paralysis can't account for it, because the people have cuts and other marks, and anyone who provides any other explanation has the burden of proof.

I still want to know what happened to all the 911 calls!
          What 911 calls???

Comment

What 911 calls???
            All the calls that would come in if millions of people were actually being abducted by actual aliens.

~~ Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos View Post
              All the calls that would come in if millions of people were actually being abducted by actual aliens.
              That's scientific method??? Because people don't call 911, alien abductions don't exist??? That doesn't explain the anomalies I mentioned, namely, the witnesses and the cut marks.

Comment

That's scientific method??? Because people don't call 911, alien abductions don't exist??? That doesn't explain the anomalies I mentioned, namely, the witnesses and the cut marks.
                Take it easy. It's just my response to the claim that there have been millions of alien abductions. It was John Mack who made the claim. If it is true, then where were all the 911 calls?

Do you have a specific example of cuts or witness testimony?

~~ Paul

Comment

I don't know if there weren't 911 calls, but that is not a rebuttal to the evidence.

As for witness accounts, consider the Travis Walton case; consider also the Manhattan abduction, where one of the witnesses was former UN Secretary General Javier Perez de Cuellar.

As for physical marks, consider Antonio Villas Boas, who suffered radiation burns and nausea, and he was an illiterate peasant who would not know anything about alien abductions, and yet he stuck to it. Dr John Mack also chronicles his case studies - I know you consider him a quack, but he was a psychiatrist at Harvard, and, unlike Carl Sagan and James Randi, he was qualified to diagnose mental illness; consider the implants removed by the surgical team led by Dr Roger Leir, which had an electromagnetic field.

Check out this Youtube video.

This is just from a superficial search on the subject. If you dig further, you will see evidence of people who have told the police about their abductions. Even if there were calls to the police, those calls would be dismissed as crank calls, so that objection isn't valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos View Post

~~ Paul
                    paul. i would like to note that millions are victims of crime each year. Not every single person report their crimes to the police.

Now why? because of embarassment, feeling that it was their fault, or multiple other issues.

I see the same for alien abductions. Police reports are public record, would you like to be made fun of for reporting that you just saw?

This is not saying aliens are real or not, just to point out a fact that incidents do not always result in a police report

Comment

Here is 2 videos about/with John Mack and his research into this field.

Touched - featuring Dr. John Mack, MD - YouTube

Experiencers - John Mack - YouTube

Comment

Hidhaeg, I clicked on that link and went to the page saying someone has been banned from that forum - I don't think it's me, because I am not a member and have never participated, but perhaps someone can direct us to the link.

Comment

Originally posted by starships
                          paul. i would like to note that millions are victims of crime each year. Not every single person report their crimes to the police.
                          I'm not suggesting that the victims would call 911. I'm suggesting that people living with them would call. So would the neighbors. There are spacecraft hovering around their houses, making noise and shining lights all over! People are being sucked through walls. People would call before they even knew it was an "alien abduction." The police would come.

Of course, we could declare the aliens completely stealthy. That would make the entire claim nicely unfalsifiable. Yeah, that's the ticket.

~~ Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Psibeliever View Post
                            I know the standard explanation is sleep paralysis and/or hallucinations, but how do skeptics account for the cut marks that appear after the alleged event? Do hallucinating or sleep-paralyzed people do that to themselves while undergoing the hallucination or sleep paralysis?

Just wondering.
                            Not a skeptic so I account for them as some are very real.

In SEAsia there were SF officers who I personally knew who, although sworn to secrecy, recounted UFO/alien encounters especially in Laos and Cambodia. Firefights were not uncommon. The aliens were collecting human remains including the dissection of living but injured soldiers from both sides.

We would confer with SF whenever we had a LZ in their backyards.

Comment

I don't see any responses to my query about cuts and marks, not to mention eyewitnesses, so that says everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X