Questions on the edge of science

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on the edge of science

Hi everyone Ė itís my first post, I come in peace. Iím really interested in your thoughts about the following.

Iím looking for those everyday questions about human behaviour that live on the edge of science. Questions weíve often wondered about, but science is at odds to fully explainÖ

FOR EXAMPLE:

Why do we turn around when someone looks at the back of our head?
    Why do we think of someone right before they call?
    Why do we wake up just before our alarm clock goes off?

I know in some cases science offers *an* explanation for these, but run with me here. I'm interested in the questions rather than the answers.

Are there any questions like this you've ever pondered? That you suspect science might one day explain (or not)?

I don't understand. How could the questions you seek be substantially different from the question in your post?
    You might try the Google scholar app. for research papers on your questions above and you might just type in that interesting title of your thread and see if you get any hits. The "scholar app." is one of the standard apps. on Google's home page. You don't even need Google Chrome.

Comment

Have you heard of Rupert Sheldrake, Simon? The questions you're asking are the main area of his research.

Comment

• Liz_Wilson
        Liz_Wilson commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! I've done some reading on him and it really is solid stuff.

Originally posted by SimonQ View Post
      Hi everyone – it’s my first post, I come in peace. I’m really interested in your thoughts about the following.

I’m looking for those everyday questions about human behaviour that live on the edge of science. Questions we’ve often wondered about, but science is at odds to fully explain…

FOR EXAMPLE:

Why do we turn around when someone looks at the back of our head?
      Why do we think of someone right before they call?
      Why do we wake up just before our alarm clock goes off?

I know in some cases science offers *an* explanation for these, but run with me here. I'm interested in the questions rather than the answers.

Are there any questions like this you've ever pondered? That you suspect science might one day explain (or not)?

Have you ever walked into an empty room and realize you are not the only one there?

All of this is connected.

Comment

Working...
      X