Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
2 of 2 < >

Skeptiko Haven Rules

Welcome to Skeptiko Haven.

The simple rules here:
  1. We don’t discuss general materialist explanations for ‘psi’ and related phenomena. Anyone wanting to suggest materialism as the explanation for paranormal or spiritual phenomena is directed to the Skeptiko Forum.
  2. In particular, anyone suggesting or implying that it is ridiculous, inherently stupid, etc., to talk about non-materialist experiences and paradigms, especially in what the moderator considers to be a rude, abrupt or threatening fashion, will be instantly suspended. First suspension: 3 weeks; second: 3 months; third: indefinite. (Unfortunately, experience of the older forum makes this rule seem advisable.)
  3. It is ok to mention materialist explanations for specific cases. Example: “I think this medium might be a cold reader” is fine, but “I think all psi is fake” is not. (Detailed materialist ‘debunking’ is still better placed in the Skeptiko Forum.)

Both forums will continue side-by-side, and everyone is encouraged to move between them as desired.

Finally, an additional guideline:
This forum is a place where the proponent side of debates discussion is respected, and where more listening and (frankly) politeness is possible than on the other forum. Of course, it’s not easy to ban sarcasm! But it is suggested that contributors listen to one another calmly, and speak to each other with respect.
See more
See less

The Ouija Principle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a couple of things I think I should add re my last post.

When I began to use the device on my own I was informed at some stage during those times that I had been communicating with myself through this whole process from day one.
    This was difficult to fully comprehend at the time and I understand it better now, than I did then.

In relation to my initial intent in deciding to create and use a Ouija device, I got what I was hoping for . The ‘dead’ turned out to make more sense than the living, although that is not surprising because some of them at least are in a better position to understand and appreciate what is going on and transmit that data.

And in reality, we cannot really refer to them as ‘dead’ because they can communicate thus are conscious and self aware; hardly a good example of what being dead is at all.

Every individual character I engaged with via this process I have never engaged with on the same level in relation to ‘the invisible living’ over the internet. Indeed some of the invisible personalities I have encountered on the internet – if such attitudes had tried to engage with me via Ouija I would have cut them off and told them to take a hike. Of course I never needed to, because no such type attitudes came into contact with me through the device. Ironic.

Comment

Amys' Memorial - Livingstone

Now to share another interesting story:

I am a musician and in February this year I meet an individual who played base and we have been playing music together since then.
      Recently we were talking about Livingstone – the area where I lived and made my Ouija devices and he told me a story about the first time he had gone to Livingstone (which was last year I think) and while there he went to the graveyard and took a picture – when he showed me the picture – this one here:

I told him that I had carved this and then told him the story behind it.

This image is shows the house (circled) where we did our first communication and connected with Amy

This image is where I lived and created all my communications devices;

And this image is where the graveyard is in relation to where I lived.

Comment

Back in the 1960s when I was a youngster, the games company Waddington sold Ouija boards. They occupied the same retail space as Monopoly and Cluedo. After a tabloid outcry they were removed from sale.

I have no personal experience of using one, but my best friend at school got into a group where he lived who were keen on playing with it. He'd report back on a regular basis to tell me what had happened. Initially nothing much occurred except the usual pranking, then it began to tentatively spell and eventually became quite lucid. The subjects turned darker and they eventually freaked out as the thing embarked on poltergeist behaviour. I wasn't there but he was clearly unnerved. I also used to work in a building where a group of teenagers got heavily into Ouija. Shortly after the cleaners refused to work early mornings because of poltergeist activity, whether they're associated I don't know. I never fancied using one personally, it seems like leaving your front door open all night in a dodgy neighbourhood.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel View Post
          Back in the 1960s ...

Hi Gabriel
          You would be best to read the thread.
          You will see that your comment here is irrelevant to what is being said in this thread
          I would appreciate any feedback you might have regarding what I have shared.

Thanks
          Last edited by William; August 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post

When I began to use the device on my own I was informed at some stage during those times that I had been communicating with myself through this whole process from day one.
            This was difficult to fully comprehend at the time and I understand it better now, than I did then.
            Will you explain this in more detail?

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate ... if you were communicating with an alien or yourself, but ... do you know how the aliens write? Do they use symbols like on your ouija board? Have you looked at samples of purported alien hieroglyphics on the internet to see if you can read them?

Here is one example, I can't vouch for the authenticity of this or others that might be out there but it might be interesting for you to look at some of them.

ROSWELL I-BEAM HIEROGLYPHS: UFO Alien Hieroglyphic Writing?

I've heard of people having visions of communications with symbols, I wonder if this is how some entities communicate psychically, by use of symbols projected mentally? Do you have any opinion on this?

Thanks
            Last edited by anonymous; August 5th, 2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Gabriel
              You would be best to read the thread.
              You will see that your comment here is irrelevant to what is being said in this thread
              I would appreciate any feedback you might have regarding what I have shared.

Thanks
              Thanks, I read the thread in its entirety. My opinion is that you're shoehorning an interest in alien life forms of a populist variety (Zeta Reticuli, 'greys', etc) into an enthusiasm for Ouija. I find your board fascinating as folk art, but your conclusions owe more to sci-fi memes than anything else. If your questions weren't so presumptive as to the origins of alien life forms, I may find them more viable.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous View Post
                Will you explain this in more detail?
                Sure. I understand that it signifies that “I” am more than the person in form, and am intimately connected with everything to do with Consciousness, ‘extraterrestrial’ or otherwise.
                I was told at a time when I could best integrate the information in relation to the whole process I had gone through without it causing me to feel somehow ‘taken for a ride’.

Also, it was to show me that there is an aspect of me which is simply something I have not been aware of consciously – I call it ‘Subconsciousness’ and while not a lot is known (and therefore a lot is presumed) about this aspect we all have – it is nonetheless a powerful part of our real self which is easily ignored or worse still, assigned negative connotations about.

It is that thing which we first connect with, in relation to Ouija and for that matter everything spiritual.

It is not to be trifled with and must be integrated with in order to get to any real level of genuine spirituality. It is never absent from the equation and it in constant communion with the Collective Consciousness and it is through this aspect – the Subconsciousness that Collective Consciousness is able to interact with individual Consciousness.

This is my understanding of why I was told I had always been ‘communicating with myself.’

There is much more to this concept than I have said here, but I think I have said enough to give a good impression as to what this implies.

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate ... if you were communicating with an alien or yourself, but ... do you know how the aliens write? Do they use symbols like on your ouija board? Have you looked at samples of purported alien hieroglyphics on the internet to see if you can read them?
                I do not know how Aliens write or even if they need to write. I think they are – what we think of as ‘hive-minded’ and this infers that while they are individual, they are all connected and for that matter I suspect we too are – through the Subconsciousness – but are not conscious of this.

Whereas individual Aliens are connected consciously and thus they are not only individual but Collective and cannot keep secrets from one another – they are both individual AND One Being.

Said another way, their ‘QueenBee’ (whom we have also communed with) is who each individual sees their self as being. They are altogether One Being.

We humans are also One Being, but because of our individuality being sealed off from other individuals, we do not know of this reality and behave as if we are separate from one another.

At a certain level of human society, this collective connection is known of more intimately and these work as a Team dedicated to the ‘QueenBee’ – the Collective Consciousness of our species. They are not on this planet to live their own lives in the way most of us do.

Having said as much, my being urged to create symbols was more for the need to move away from my learned use of language – move out from the limitations of normal or usual language use.

Symbols of any kind are important to Human Beings because we cannot communicate effectively without them, whether they are written or audible sounds.

In relation to this subject of symbols, my partners sister (who’s house we were living in at the time) was aware of our communicating through Ouija Principle and one day near the end of 2000 she arrived from Christchurch (where she lived and worked at the time) with a small news item she had gotten from a esoterical magazine she was subscribed to. She knew it would be interesting to us because it spoke of both Aliens and Symbols and aligned with what we had been learning through our communications.

The item was headed WingMakers and spoke about a mysterious object found in the desert in New Mexico by a young couple and this object had been confiscated by the PTB and taken to their secret labs and analysed and eventually found to be some kind of a map which led them to a place in the same desert – an underground complex of chambers with incredible artworks which featured unknown symbols and artefacts.

We were immediately intrigued and when we next had a communication we asked about the WingMakers and whether QueenBee had anything to do with the WingMakers and the answer was “Yes – Absolutely.”

This was the one reason we decided to get a computer and go on the internet.

WingMakers has evolved since then and many people think that it is either a hoax, or has been infiltrated with disinformation.
                While this is not another subject, it is very complex and I will leave things here for now on that subject.

The original site – the one which we first encountered can be seen here:
                WingMakers

Along with the original info which is linked on that page under the WingMakers heading.

I've heard of people having visions of communications with symbols, I wonder if this is how some entities communicate psychically, by use of symbols projected mentally? Do you have any opinion on this?
                I have had dreams where symbols are floating around me in different colors. I have no reason to doubt that symbols can be used to prompt individuals. I have no doubts that the day I awoke and decided to create a Ouija board the thought had been put into my mind via my Subconsciousness.

I have no doubt that – in hindsight – practically my whole life has been influenced in this way – my choices have not been without subconscious impulse albeit I was unconscious of this happening - especially from the time I ‘became a Christian’ when I was nearly 18. But that is a story to share at another time.

For many years now I have simply taken it as a given that all I do is related to Subconscious directive.

I think I will leave things there for now.

Thank You for your questions and feedback.

Comment

Thanks, I read the thread in its entirety. My opinion is that you're shoehorning an interest in alien life forms of a populist variety (Zeta Reticuli, 'greys', etc) into an enthusiasm for Ouija.
                  Hi again Gabriel

You are welcome of course to your opinion. I can only stress that it is not my intention to get people to become enthusiastic about Ouija but it is my intention to share my own experience in regard to use of the device as something quite different from popular belief and certain misinformation about what Ouija is which comes from a lot of people identifying themselves as ‘spiritual’ and I have made that quite clear.

I am not entirely sure what you are referring to here:

If your questions weren't so presumptive as to the origins of alien life forms, I may find them more viable.
                  What questions are these?

Comment

If I've understood the nature of your inquiry, you seem to think you're in contact with 'greys'. While I have no strong feelings on the possibility of alien life forms, presuming them to be a variety and origin that are speculative and mostly informed by fiction, does not seem the most rigorous approach to take.

I find your investigation interesting other ways, particularly as to whether popular fictional icons can work their way through talking board protocols, I just don't think you're in contact with almond-eyed aliens from Zeta Reticuli.

Comment

Whereas individual Aliens are connected consciously and thus they are not only individual but Collective and cannot keep secrets from one another – they are both individual AND One Being.

Said another way, their ‘QueenBee’ (whom we have also communed with) is who each individual sees their self as being. They are altogether One Being.

We humans are also One Being, but because of our individuality being sealed off from other individuals, we do not know of this reality and behave as if we are separate from one another.

At a certain level of human society, this collective connection is known of more intimately and these work as a Team dedicated to the ‘QueenBee’ – the Collective Consciousness of our species. They are not on this planet to live their own lives in the way most of us do.
                      People who have had near-death experiences have described something like this. For example section 4 here:

Humanity - near-death experiences

Comment

If I've understood the nature of your inquiry, you seem to think you're in contact with 'greys'. While I have no strong feelings on the possibility of alien life forms, presuming them to be a variety and origin that are speculative and mostly informed by fiction, does not seem the most rigorous approach to take.

I find your investigation interesting other ways, particularly as to whether popular fictional icons can work their way through talking board protocols, I just don't think you're in contact with almond-eyed aliens from Zeta Reticuli.
                        So your comment about my questions to Amy re 'the Greys' was what you found presumptive?

Do you have a strong reason why you think this specie is fictional?

What do you think of my saying that I met such an entity when experiencing hypnagogic paralysis and how that affected me and took me many years to come to terms with?

I realize that I didn't share the details of the incidences but surely you would have put 2+2 together and understood why I would have asked such a question?

Comment

Hi again Gabriel
                          ... it is my intention to share my own experience....
                          Can you describe their sensory experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumfog View Post
                            Can you describe their sensory experiences?
                            Can you elaborate? I am not sure what you are referring to

Comment

Hi William,

What words did you find it useful to include as symbols on your ouija board?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi William,

What words did you find it useful to include as symbols on your ouija board?

Thanks,
                                If you mean actual words Anonymous, after the first device I used symbols only, rather than words and those symbols could signify single words, sentences and paragraphs, sayings phrases etc.

For example, I put all the Rune and Tarot symbols on the devices, so the full meanings of a particular symbol could be quite lengthy.

Other symbols might convey an idea which might not be fully understood but adequate.

Other symbols were created based on something which was communicated during a prior session which helped the processes of understanding and were relevant for that. Thus when the symbol was pointed to, the feeling of the process which brought that symbol into being was part of the communication.

I have randomly taken 36 symbols from an image of my forth device and put these together. The message from that is included. This took me quite some time because I haven’t used this method for a long time and had to look up a lot of the meanings to those symbols. The ones with a > next to them are those that I still know now when I see them.
                                1: >Soul Group
                                2: Advantage
                                3: >Avet
                                4: > Bridge
                                5: No Longer
                                6: >Magical
                                7: >Plan
                                8: Grey Area
                                9: Consider This
                                10: Hope
                                11: >Wise
                                12: >UICD#2
                                13: From the outside edge to the very centre.
                                14: Leave a Trail
                                15: Each Helps The Other
                                16: Natural Order Of All things
                                17: >Tower/Fort
                                18: Universal Balance and Harmony
                                19: >Solution/Formula
                                20: >Secret
                                21: In The Future
                                22: New Dimension
                                23: >Uncharted Territory
                                24: >Walk
                                25: We
                                26: Welcome
                                27: >QueenBee
                                28: >Reflect
                                29: Through Soul
                                30: >Attract
                                31: Symbols
                                32: >Hypnagogic/Astral Experience
                                33: With
                                34: Useful
                                35: Also
                                36: Included

As mention in this thread, I developed a far faster way of this communications process which involves computer and word documents. Here is a page from one such document, which will show you what kind of words/expressions I am using.

Meaningful
                                What Do You Like About It?
                                Try
                                Trust The Process
                                Visible
                                Truth
                                Ripple Effect
                                Who/What/When/Where/Why/How
                                Glow Softly
                                To Be Sure
                                The Point
                                Remember/Memories
                                Lost In The Thought Of It All
                                The Sun
                                Awake
                                Mind
                                Beckoning Places
                                Inalienable
                                Entity
                                Navigational Aids
                                Phasing
                                Joke/Humour
                                F4
                                Little Bird
                                Do this
                                You Will
                                When The Opportunity Presents Itself To Do So...
                                Righty Oh!
                                Earth teachers (physical) discover the way to the Grand Portal via the Tributary Zones
                                Gift
                                The Shaping Of Reality
                                Empower The Inner Empire
                                Open
                                The Solution?
                                Interpretation/Feel
                                Sure
                                Move On
                                A Bridge Over Time
                                AQAL
                                Secret Organizations
                                Techniques