Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
2 of 2 < >

Skeptiko Haven Rules

Welcome to Skeptiko Haven.

The simple rules here:
  1. We don’t discuss general materialist explanations for ‘psi’ and related phenomena. Anyone wanting to suggest materialism as the explanation for paranormal or spiritual phenomena is directed to the Skeptiko Forum.
  2. In particular, anyone suggesting or implying that it is ridiculous, inherently stupid, etc., to talk about non-materialist experiences and paradigms, especially in what the moderator considers to be a rude, abrupt or threatening fashion, will be instantly suspended. First suspension: 3 weeks; second: 3 months; third: indefinite. (Unfortunately, experience of the older forum makes this rule seem advisable.)
  3. It is ok to mention materialist explanations for specific cases. Example: “I think this medium might be a cold reader” is fine, but “I think all psi is fake” is not. (Detailed materialist ‘debunking’ is still better placed in the Skeptiko Forum.)

Both forums will continue side-by-side, and everyone is encouraged to move between them as desired.

Finally, an additional guideline:
This forum is a place where the proponent side of debates discussion is respected, and where more listening and (frankly) politeness is possible than on the other forum. Of course, it’s not easy to ban sarcasm! But it is suggested that contributors listen to one another calmly, and speak to each other with respect.
See more
See less

An interesting read as to "mind over matter"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting read as to "mind over matter"

Your Thoughts Can Release Abilities beyond Normal Limits: Scientific American

Thanks, good article.
    It's interesting from a scientific point of view although I guess any sports professionals (or doctor) would say this is no news. The way in which we perceive fatigue or pain, for example, can be modulated by our mind and beliefs and there's a lot more when we go deeper into the psycho-somatic aspects, including the origin of illness and their resolution as well.

cheers

Comment

Thanks.
      Interesting article.

Comment

Star Wars in real world!

Luke: I can’t believe it.

Yoda: That is why you fail.

Comment

Working...
        X