Announcement

Collapse

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
See more
See less

The powerful Nocebo effect!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLI View Post
    If a "hex" is not a hexidecimal digit, I have no idea what it is. English is not my native language. I you think my English is bad, then feel free to disregard the posts I make.

I am sorry that I don't answer all your questions the second you ask them, but I do have a life outside this forum. I have not denied the existence of nocebo/placebo effects. I have even linked to what I consider serious research on both subjects.

Now for your theory that hypertension led to the death of the person who was told that he would be dead in 2 months: We are not told that the autopsy showed cerebrovascular lesion or changes in the heart that would support your theory. Those would have been important findings in the autopsy.

I can't promise you that I will be much online in the weekend, so if you can't wait for me to answer your questions, you might as well not ask them. Let's face it. You don't really give a damn about my answers anyway.
    Good English skills for a non-native English speaker!

But!

Now for your theory that hypertension led to the death of the person who was told that he would be dead in 2 months.
    No idea where this comes from. However, since most skeptics allege I say things when I most emphatically have not, it seems unlikely to be due to your poor English comprehension. It's more likely that skepics don't read and assimilate what I say regardless of whether they're native English speakers or not.

Let's face it. You don't really give a damn about my answers anyway.
    I suppose. I am very biased against scientists who can't think for themselves (which is the vast majority of them in my experience).

Comment

Originally posted by Interesting Ian
      No idea where this comes from. However, since most skeptics allege I say things when I most emphatically have not, it seems unlikely to be due to your poor English comprehension. It's more likely that skepics don't read and assimilate what I say regardless of whether they're native English speakers or not.
      It's even more likely that no one does. When was the last time you had a rip-roaring conversation with a non-skeptic?

You are in the habit of assuming that when someone doesn't understand you, it's because he is an idiot.

~~ Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Interesting Ian View Post
        Good English skills for a non-native English speaker!

But!

I suppose. I am very biased against scientists who can't think for themselves (which is the vast majority of them in my experience).
        Just for that I think you should Renounce all use of technology and modern medicine. I mean, it's only a product of all those stupid scientists not thinking, probably best off without it.

Comment

Working...
        X