Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
See more
See less

Who's going to listen to psychic world predictions for 2013?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to listen to psychic world predictions for 2013?

This is just meant to be a fun thread.

I don't have much faith with big publicity-seeking psychics-mediums but I was surprised to hear a Joseph Tittle on January 1, 2012, claim that Obama would run against Romney and beat him when that (the beating him part) wasn't that obvious at all a year ago. He also predicted Michael Jackson (in a way) would/could die in 2009.

Most of the prominent media psychics also predicted Obama winning:
    The 2012 Presidential Elections: Where the Psychics Stand - GLOBAL GOOD GROUP

But then when I look at the specifics of what a lot of these psychics predicted for 2012, most of them are just plain wrong. See here for example:
    Leading psychics give their predictions for 2012

Still, I may listen in on some for what they have to say for 2013 just for curiosity and fun. (Especially given that I've heard, from private mediums - which is also what NDEr Nanci Danison wrote in her book five to six years ago -, that 2013 and 2014, as opposed to 2012, would constitute a heavy-going crisis period. [Cue also the Courtney Brown Remote Viewing thread for 2013!] )

2013 World Predictions From Psychic Medium Joseph Tittel 01/01 by SpiritMan Joseph | Blog Talk Radio
    Psychic Nancy Bradley's 2013 predictions CBS Sacramento

Not so much just for 2013, but here is Kevin Ryerson predictions for the world after 2012. Not so sure he scored on the first one, though!

• In 2012 there will be a world wide mass meditation based on the Mayan Calendar that will lead to worldwide events.

• There will be a movement for world peace that will see Tibet made autonomous within a generation.

• Turkey and Russia will join the European Union and there will be a new State of Palestine that will make peace with Israel.

• New democracies will emerge from around the world and Japan’s famous Peace Constitution will be used as a model for the new democratic governments.

• War will be obsolete.

• The Kyoto Ecology Treaty will be ratified by a new U.S. president and will start an ecological movement leading to a solution to global warming.

• New plastics will emerge that will allow for architects to build cities that are powered by solar energy. Japan will lead in the production and research of these “smart plastics.”

• The new cities will be earthquake-, fire-, and typhoon-proof.

• New medicine will allow the generation born in 2012 to live an average of 125 years or more.

• Heart disease and cancer will be cured.

• Japan will perfect methods of creating “new islands” that will allow expansion of populations to new territories within 25

• An ancient civilization older than Atlantis will be discovered off Japan’s coastal waters that will revolutionize the way we think of human history.

• Within 20 years China, Japan, Korea (reunited) will be connected to the European Union via Maglev [magnetic levitation] trains manufactured by Germany, France, and Japan.

• Japan, U.S., and Germany will form an alliance of industry to explore the Solar system beginning with the discovery of new metals from meteorites in the asteroid belt.

• Psychic abilities such as telepathy will be used in communication and education to transfer information through perfecting cybernetics and the wireless Internet.

• Reincarnation will be considered a new science to discover a person’s talents and life purpose
    Last edited by EthanT; December 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanT View Post
      Not so much just for 2013, but here is Kevin Ryerson predictions for the world after 2012. (...)
      Good to hear some optimistic predictions, though it does sound like a several-decades plan!

Comment

From reading various public psychics-mediums's predictions for 2013 (and into 2014), and what I hear from private sources, I do often hear the following converging predictions (and, yes, I know, some of them, at least the weather ones, are recurrently, yearly predicted):

- really major calamities related to forceful weather patterns and natural disasters (earthquakes, floodings, landslides, volcanoes)
        - war in the Middle East, related in part to Iran and Israel
        - major social-economic-institutional chaos and reorganization in the U.S., Europe, China and Japan (I have a bit of trouble seeing this happening in the U.S.)
        - major revelations that will be made to the public and lead to an outcry about the extent to which information is manipulated, for example: Arab Spring organized by Western and other government leaders; new revelations about past assassinations and who was responsible (JFK, Pope John Paul I); secret military and economic plots unveiled
        - attempts on Obama's life that are foiled
        - a reorganization of the Catholic Church - possibilities of merger with the Anglican Church
        - secret China-Russia war-military plans that will be defeated
        - bad health/death for the current Pope

Often the overall theme is: this is not the end of the world, but a partially Spirit-guided cleansing/reorientation of the world that will lead to greater spirituality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninshub View Post
          - major social-economic-institutional chaos and reorganization in the U.S., Europe, China and Japan (I have a bit of trouble seeing this happening in the U.S.)

I wouldn't be surprised if this did happen in the US too. We're broke and continually digging a deeper hole for ourselves.

Peter Schiff is an economist and a real good guy to listen to for this background. He also nailed (i.e. predicted) the 2008 collapse down to some pretty good details, so he's got some background on being right about this stuff. He's pretty active on Facebook.

Anyhow, he is more, or less, predicting the end of the dollar (as the valued international currency that is has always been). Notice how a little ways back China and Russia were talking about a currency to replace the dollar on the international scene?

- major revelations that will be made to the public and lead to an outcry about the extent to which information is manipulated, for example:
          And, here's hoping for UFO disclosure too

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this did happen in the US too. We're broke and continually digging a deeper hole for ourselves.
            You could be right. When it comes to the predictions I've heard myself from mediums channelling spirits, I started to hear this stuff last summer. With the U.S. economy seeming to improve a bit (?), I thought this might be off, but who knows.

And, here's hoping for UFO disclosure too
            Yes, that would be cool! I'm still roaming the internet right now looking at different predictions, and some mention more UFO activity and other unexplainable phenomena in the skies, but I haven't seen any disclosure predictions.

The more I read, though, the more I come across the stuff I've posted above (including the natural calamities, the secret government conspiracies being revealed, the Obama and Church stuff). Maybe don't plan to move to California this year!

Also a fair amount of similar predictions for cure for some types of cancer and MS. And some countries involved in secret underground weaponry installations (which I've also heard mentioned iin person). Also turmoil in South America and a former U.S. president dying.

If any or much of this happens, you read it here first.

Comment

Maybe don't plan to move to California this year!
              I live in Northern California. Psychics here, including me, don't predict an earthquake of any significance this coming year. Supposedly we're due, and I had quite a few earthquake preparedness jobs this last year, but I don't feel like it's going to be 2013.

A team from Washington's America shall win the bowl that some call super.
              I predict a team from Northern California with the number 49 wins that bowl.
              Last edited by Craig Weiler; December 31st, 2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Weiler View Post
                I live in Northern California. Psychics here, including me, don't predict an earthquake of any significance this coming year. Supposedly we're due, and I had quite a few earthquake preparedness jobs this last year, but I don't feel like it's going to be 2013.
                I will bow down to your abilities and those of your colleagues, Craig.

But just looking around to see what those predictions specified, when they did specify they mentioned more often Southern California.

This psychic-medium from Boston says psychics are not getting the message because it won't be the San Andreas fault but the Whittier fault and other faults around that area.
                Psychic Jessica Caracciolo Prediction: California Earthquake, China Japan, Seasons Changing and more - YouTube

She's been predicting it since August '12 and she sure does go into a lot of detail of what her premonitions are!
                2013 Premonitions & Validations | Chronicles of a Psychic Medium

It's now just 10 minutes past midnight where I am. Happy New Year Craig!

Comment

I will bow down to your abilities and those of your colleagues, Craig.

But just looking around to see what those predictions specified, when they did specify they mentioned more often Southern California.

This psychic-medium from Boston says psychics are not getting the message because it won't be the San Andreas fault but the Whittier fault and other faults around that area.
                  Psychic Jessica Caracciolo Prediction: California Earthquake, China Japan, Seasons Changing and more - YouTube

She's been predicting it since August '12 and she sure does go into a lot of detail of what her premonitions are!

It's now just 10 minutes past midnight where I am. Happy New Year Craig!
                  I can say that if the earthquake is in La la land, (So. Cal.) it is off the radar for us Nor. Cal people. They are a long ways away from us and we usually don't feel their earthquakes this far North. They've had some bad ones down there, so I feel for them if they get another one about 7.0 or higher. Those are nasty buggers when they're that big.

Comment

Just noticed this one on the same page:
                    "USA Elections 2016: a woman finally gets into office as president"

Hope Hillary gets well, changes her mind and that it's her.

Comment

Just noticed this one on the same page:
                      "USA Elections 2016: a woman finally gets into office as president"

Hope Hillary gets well, changes her mind and that it's her.
                      Noooo, Andrew Basiago will become president and will finally explain how the heck he got teleported on Mars with young Obama!
                      Andrew D. Basiago

Comment

Maybe don't plan to move to California this year!
                        uh oh, I already live there, lol.

Although, I am about 3 hours north of LA in the Mojave desert, by the Southern Sierra, a bit away from the San Andres Fault. We'd get some good shaking out here, but nothing too bad, I don't think.

Comment

uh oh, I already live there, lol.

Although, I am about 3 hours north of LA in the Mojave desert, by the Southern Sierra, a bit away from the San Andres Fault. We'd get some good shaking out here, but nothing too bad, I don't think.
                          She said she doesn't see anything happening with the San Andreas fault for 50 years.

She does see some major catastrophic impacts from the faults that will be affected though. She breaks out what's she seeing region by region. Hope you're OK whatever happens!
                          CA Areas/Zones | Chronicles of a Psychic Medium

Comment

From reading various public psychics-mediums's predictions for 2013 (and into 2014), and what I hear from private sources, I do often hear the following converging predictions (and, yes, I know, some of them, at least the weather ones, are recurrently, yearly predicted):

- really major calamities related to forceful weather patterns and natural disasters (earthquakes, floodings, landslides, volcanoes)
                            - war in the Middle East, related in part to Iran and Israel
                            - major revelations that will be made to the public and lead to an outcry about the extent to which information is manipulated, for example: Arab Spring organized by Western and other government leaders; new revelations about past assassinations and who was responsible (JFK, Pope John Paul I); secret military and economic plots unveiled
                            - attempts on Obama's life that are foiled
                            - a reorganization of the Catholic Church - possibilities of merger with the Anglican Church
                            - secret China-Russia war-military plans that will be defeated
                            - bad health/death for the current Pope

Often the overall theme is: this is not the end of the world, but a partially Spirit-guided cleansing/reorientation of the world that will lead to greater spirituality.
                            Check one on the list of predictions!

Comment

Hehe Btw, terrific picture

Comment

Working...
                              X