Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
See more
See less

your best experience(s) with paranormal events...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your best experience(s) with paranormal events...

What are your experiences with Synchronicity, Ghost, ESP, UFO, Mediumship, etc. ?

I will start the thread with one of my biggest synchronicity ever.

synchronicity : In 2003, i was walking into a bookstore and i was talking about "lucidity" with my brother. I was saying " the dumbs live happy while the lucid persons are unhappy with Life".

A book felt suddenly from nowhere. Just in front of me.

I take it, see the cover and read : "2 Hours of Lucidity". By Noam Chomsky".

What was the odds to this event at this moment ?

I like the fact that Synchronistic events are not independent of the observer...Remind me something...
    Last edited by Loka; February 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM.

Another synchronicity

In 1984 I was visiting my parents in St. Louis (from Boston). I drove a few miles to a huge mall and went into the bookstore. I schmoozed around for awhile, selected a book, and got in line to pay. A few moments later I turned around and there was Lisa, my girlfriend during the summer of 1971. She lived about 10 miles from the mall and said she visited it only rarely. I had not seen her since 1971.

We had dinner that evening.

~~ Paul

Comment

I've always had a lot of synchronicities, one in particular led me to take classes in mediumship and spiritual healing at a spiritualist church. I have also done a lot of meditation throughout my life and that has led to some interesting experiences and may have helped prepare me for other paranormal experiences.

I've written about some of this on my website and blog. More at the links below and on other pages on those sites.

Adventures of a Student Medium
      http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/psi_experience

... At one point, after many coincidences like those above, I started wondering what was going on and tried looking on the internet for information on psychic abilities. I saw a local psychic was having a book signing at a bookstore in my area. Iím mostly a homebody so I normally wouldn't have gone to the signing especially since it was in a town I'd never been to. However, when I checked the map, I saw it was right next to a town I was going to on the same day to have lunch with a friend. The bookstore was just down the road from the restaurant. That's an interesting coincidence but I also unexpectedly received a gift card for that bookstore a few days before the signing. I have never had a gift card for that store before or since. I went to the signing, bought the book with the gift card, and afterwards I asked the author how one can develop their psychic abilities. The author recommended a Spiritualist church near where I lived that had classes.
      The first time I tried to do mediumship in class I was astonished with the results. I did exactly what the teacher said and it seemed to work. After a short period of meditation, I looked around the class (we were sitting with the chairs in a circle) and when I got to one particular person it seemed like I was looking at him through a zoom lens. He stood out from the other students in my field of vision. I tried looking around again and the same thing happened when I got to him. Then I closed my eyes and in my mind's eye there appeared a tall man in a uniform. When my turn came to describe my experiences, this person said that his grandfather had been tall and wore a uniform on his job. The teacher of the class encouraged me to try to get more information and I tried again and saw a scene of the sea shore. It turned out the grandfather had also lived near the water. I had never experienced anything like this before in my life. I was in shock for a couple of days afterwards.
      Experiencing Oneness
      http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8p...al_experiences
      I used to go to the Zen center a couple of days a week. I would go right after work and I would start meditating a few hours before the evening practice session and then stay for the evening session. On one of these days there was an extra long evening session so the total time I would spend in meditation that day added up to a good number of hours. One day, near the end of that long evening session, I was meditating, gazing at the wooden floor, (in Zen it is customary to meditate with the eyes open) and I felt myself being pulled forward out of my body for a few seconds. A minute later it happened again for a longer time. During this time I had no sensation of my body at all, the only thing I was aware of was the perception of the floor in my visual field. Because it was the only thing I was aware of, it seemed to me that I associated my self with that thing. I knew I existed but I didn't know where. I knew this image of the floor existed. It seemed natural to associate this image with my self. It seemed like I was this image of the floor.

I knew that this experience must be kensho. It was is without a doubt the "non duality of subject and object" mentioned in the definition of kensho above. It proved to me that the sense of self is subjective.

Contact with Aliens

The subject of alien intelligences comes up occasionally in the context of mediumship and spiritual healing. One of the members of my development circle worked in a health profession and he would sneak in spiritual healing while he had his hands on the patients doing conventional treatments. His healing guides were aliens, they would come through during mediumship class occasionally.

We are not the only group that has had this type of contact. Alien contact is something that comes up for mediums whether they are spiritualist or not. It isn't talked about too much because mediums have a credibility problem among some people to begin with. The UFO pseudo-skeptics are just as malicious as the psi pseudo-skeptics. Mediums don't really need the additional personal attacks they would attract if they were more forthcoming about it.

Spiritual Healing
      Objects That Contain Healing Power
      In this post I will discuss how to use an Egely wheel (a very sensitive psi wheel manufactured by the Egely Research Company) to demonstrate that healing energy can be stored in inanimate objects.
      When I first learned spiritual healing at a Spiritualist church I was taught that a healer can put healing energy into an inanimate object and then if another person holds that object, the healing energy will be transferred to the other person. I was able to test and confirm part of this belief using an Egely wheel.
      After meditating this way for twenty minutes, ten minutes with each hand turning the Egely wheel under the jar, I tried an experiment to see if the jar had retained any healing energy. I took away the jar covering the Egely wheel and waited for it to stop turning. Then I placed the jar near the wheel and took my hand away from it. The Egely wheel began to turn. While I did this, I took the video of it shown below.
      I live with this stuff every day. You can too:

How to Communicate with Spirits

Spiritual Healing:
      http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing

Meditation:
      http://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/meditation-1
      Last edited by anonymous; February 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous View Post
        I live with this stuff every day. You can too:
        Limited time offer! Now for only $99.99 Teehee.

Great topic! I'll focus on synchronicities because they're my favourite subject, and if I got started on all the magic in my life there'd be no end to this thread.

1) I was falling in love with a girl named Shiva. Three days after we met, a cousin of mine returned from a trip to India and brought me a souvenir: a bracelet made from the seeds of a tree, holy to the Hindu god... Shiva.

The next day, I told Shiva about a lecture I once gave on the Maya calendar, which I uploaded to YouTube. While looking up the link, I said to her, "Let's find out your Mayan birthday". Just as she was telling me her actual birthday, I noticed the upload date on my video. They were the exact same day and month.

2) While on holiday in Spain, I had an intense nightmare, in which I ended up in a bathroom, trying to repair a broken shower. Then Samuel L. Jackson came in and said "Don't worry man, I'll fix it for you". The next morning, while showering in my hotel room, the hose spontaneously broke off the showerhead. Later that day, I returned home and found out that my shower drain had clogged and backed up while I was away. The plumber wasn't Samuel L. Jackson, but it was a very friendly black guy.

3) One night I was on the beach in Zanzibar, gazing up at the canopy of stars. Surprised (and a little disappointed) that I couldn't discern the Milky Way, I thought to myself "I wish all the lights on the island would go out". That very second, I heard a loud bang as a transformer nearby exploded, and the entire coastline went black!

Comment

I've had so many synchronicities that I am literally writing a book about them... but 2 that come to mind in particular are these.

When I was working in a mining company about 5 years ago I'd been begging for and finally got offered a redundancy payout. It was enough to allow me to not have to work for 12 months... so I decided I wanted to get out of computing and do something different but had no idea what to do.

I was talking about it to a work colleague and said you know I always wanted to work in radio as a DJ or talkshow host. Now the chances of me getting a job in radio is virtually NIL with no experience... so we kind of laughed it off.

Without a word of a lie the very next day I received completely out of the blue an email from someone I didn't know. She introduced herself as the host of a radio show for one of the biggest Australian rules football teams in Australia. It so happened that her co-host was about to go on holidays and that although he did not know me personally he had read some of my posts I had been making on a football forum. He recommended me to her as someone very knowledgable about the team and the game.

She asked if I had ever been interested in doing radio work and if I had been could I come in for a quick interview. This was literally the day after I had been thinking about a completely different career move into radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankmat View Post
            I've had so many synchronicities that I am literally writing a book about them...
            Let us know when it comes out! If you don't have a publisher yet, hopefully you'll get just as lucky as with your radio gig

Comment

The 2nd synchronicity for me also involved the football forum I used to visit but with a quite amazing twist... .that really proved to me that there are greater forces at work than just coincidence.

At this stage of my life I had been heavily involved in the psychic and mediumship work and had also been doing the radio gig for about 12 months now. Because I was doing more psychic work I was becoming more open to listening to my own intuition and just going with my gut feeling and doing things I would never have dreamt of doing before.

Well it was one day after I had finished the radio show that I hopped into my car to drive home. As I was driving (yes I find I get ALOT of messages whilst driving...) I kept seeing in my mind a website I had been looking at a week earlier when I had been looking for spiritual churches in my city. I saw this spiritual church and kept feeling like I had to go there for some reason that particular day to check it out.

It was completely out of my way and about a 30 min drive from where I was but I followed my gut and did it anyway. I drove there and when I got there it was closed... and thought well what was the use in that! So I got out of my car anyway to look around and for some reason felt almost as if someone had taken me and pulled me around and to look the opposite direction. Directly opposite to the church was a small crystal shop and I felt like I HAD to go in there.

So I walked in there... and the lady behind the counter saw me looking completely lost and asked if I was ok. I told her I saw the shop in passing so just thought I would drop in and look around to see if anything caught my eye. I noticed up on the wall behind her was a poster advertising a psychic called Scott Russell Hill (who I had talked about before in here) and that he was coming to the shop.

I was quite shocked that he was coming to my city and that he was performing in this small shop as I idolised this guy. I was telling the lady behind the counter about how much I liked his work and started telling her about all the amazing things he had done when she got that glazed look in her eye... and stopped me and said she had to get someone to meet me.

She went out the back and the owner of the shop came out and introduced herself to me. We got to talking about Scott and his work and then the most amazing thing happened. She turned white as a sheet and then stopped me in my tracks and said "Hang on a second.... you didn't happen to write a story on Scott on a football forum by any chance did you?" to which I responded.... actually yes I did! How did you know?

That's when it all fell into place. She asked me to come look behind the counter with her at the computer and she showed me the article she had just published onto their website hours earlier. It was word for word the article I had written years earlier.

As it happens she was looking for some information on Scott to publicise him coming to our city and she stumbled across my article. She called Scott to read it to him over the phone and said it was so good they wanted to use it to publicise him coming here.

They had sat there talking that night and actually said "I wonder if we could ever find the person that wrote this"

Well they did. I walked in that next day into her shop not knowing the first reason why I was there but that I had to go there... and that was why. That shop has ended up becoming quite a big part of my life as it is where I still do my weekly development circle to this day years later and have done platform events... and Scott has ended up becoming one of my teachers as a result.

When stuff like that happens and you know it only happened because you followed your intuition and it ends up being an amazing coincidence like that... that there is more to life than just random events and floating through space on a big rock. That day changed my life and where I am now and it was all because I had stopped being skeptical and started being open to the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by tempel View Post
                Let us know when it comes out! If you don't have a publisher yet, hopefully you'll get just as lucky as with your radio gig
                Actually the publisher itself was another amazing synchronicity LOL

I found the publisher through another psychic who lives on the other side of Australia and did not know me from a bar of soap... but had been "told" she had to meet me by her guides.

She was so adamant we catch up that she offered to pick me up from the airport at 6am having only "met" me on facebook a week earlier and literally drove me around the entire city for a day sightseeing before driving me over an hour to my hotel. We spent the entire day just chatting about everything from life to spiritual stuff... and it worked out she was an author who had written several books and had them published. We became friends and she ended up a few years later on tv and is now semi well known having appeared on a psychic tv show.

Again more synchronicity and following your intuition! gets you meeting the people you are meant to!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankmat View Post
                  Actually the publisher itself was another amazing synchronicity LOL

I found the publisher through another psychic who lives on the other side of Australia and did not know me from a bar of soap... but had been "told" she had to meet me by her guides.

She was so adamant we catch up that she offered to pick me up from the airport at 6am having only "met" me on facebook a week earlier and literally drove me around the entire city for a day sightseeing before driving me over an hour to my hotel. We spent the entire day just chatting about everything from life to spiritual stuff... and it worked out she was an author who had written several books and had them published. We became friends and she ended up a few years later on tv and is now semi well known having appeared on a psychic tv show.

Again more synchronicity and following your intuition! gets you meeting the people you are meant to!
                  That's great! I like that you included the personal context/meaning in your synchronicity stories. In terms of mere events these occurrences are already unbelievable, but when their consequences are life changing, then all the more... the few I described above were part of a series of life transforming synchronicities over a period of a few months, which led to me quitting my career in music, moving from Holland to Canada, and beginning my studies in psychology!

Comment

Originally posted by tempel View Post
                    That's great! I like that you included the personal context/meaning in your synchronicity stories. In terms of mere events these occurrences are already unbelievable, but when their consequences are life changing, then all the more... the few I described above were part of a series of life transforming synchronicities over a period of a few months, which led to me quitting my career in music, moving from Holland to Canada, and beginning my studies in psychology!
                    Absolutely I look back on it now and I see what the radio was about... although I don't work in radio anymore and don't see it becoming my career I now see that it was something I needed to do to get me used to public speaking which since then I do a lot of both on radio and up on a platform.

I believe most things happen for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X