Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
See more
See less

Doctor Atlantis is not being serious enough

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Atlantis is not being serious enough

Is it just me or is Doctor Atlantis not being serious enough? I can't figure the guy out. One minute he posts these long thoughtful replies about Skepitiko topics - some several paragraphs long - and then when folks come along and give perfectly reasonable answers like "this is silly" or completely ignore his posts he seems to spend time making bizarre comments which he then later claims are jokes.

If they're "jokes" then why doesn't he use more smileys?

Do skeptics not understand that all jokes should be encapsulated with smileys?

And another thing - why does he call himself "Doctor Atlantis" if he's a skeptic? This doesn't make any sense to me.

And my research says he's got some kind of podcast about "monsters"? Why would a so-called skeptic care about monsters? This man (if he is a real person and not an alien-human hybrid working for the government) is too confusing for me. I don't think I can handle his brand of justice.

If he were really serious about this stuff he'd spend time going through the evidence about psychic detectives and use his "so called" web skills to put together information actually relevant to the psychic detective case. He might post such a thing on the Internet. That would be useful.

Instead, he acts silly! Skeptics should not be silly. Frankly if he continues this behavior I'm going to have to ban him. I'm sure Open Mind agrees with me.
    Last edited by DoctorAtlantis; July 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM.

Originally posted by DoctorAtlantis View Post
    I'm sure Open Mind agrees with me.
    he said no such thing.

Comment

I'm sure Open Mind agrees with me.
      No I don't.

Comment

And another thing - why does he call himself "Doctor Atlantis" if he's a skeptic? This doesn't make any sense to me.
        Last time I participated on the JREF discussion board it was full of skeptics calling themselves Doctor this, that and the other. Presumably they are all trying to make out they are much more intelligent than they actually are. Certainly most of them were philosophically clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Interesting Ian View Post
          Certainly most of them were philosophically clueless.
          So why didn't you fit in?

Oh, SNAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Interesting Ian View Post
            Last time I participated on the JREF discussion board it was full of skeptics calling themselves Doctor this, that and the other. Presumably they are all trying to make out they are much more intelligent than they actually are. Certainly most of them were philosophically clueless.
            You could be right. That guy sounds so smarmy with his BS "Doctorate". I bet they don't even have accredited Universities in Atlantis. What a Dr.Seuss.

Comment

Working...
            X