1. Insomnia: Insomnia is a name synonimous with sleep disorder. It is a disorder characterized by persistent difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. This disorder can often lead one to frustration as many insomniacs are known to complain about being unable to put their mind to rest by closing their eyes for more than a few minutes a time. Different types of insomnia include, transient insomnia, acute insomnia and chronic insomnia.
2. Sleep Paralysis: A common sleeping disorder is sleep paralysis. The disorder is characterized by transient partial or total paralysis of skeletal muscles that occurs either upon awakening from sleep or while falling asleep. The symptoms include, paralysis, when the person can neither move any part of the body nor can he speak and hallucinations, when the parson might feel someones presence around or may hear strange sounds.
3. Sleepwalking: Somnambulism or sleepwalking as it is commonly known is a sleeping disorder where the sufferer engages in sleep activities normally associated with wakefulness while actually being in a sleep-like state. This disorder is most commonly observed in people with high levels of stress and anxiety or people with genetic factors.
4. Night Terror: Another commonly observed sleeping disorder is night terror or pavor nocturnus, characterized by extreme terror and temporary inability to regain full consciousness. More interestingly, a night terror can rarely be recalled by the subject. As against the normal beliefs, night terrors are distinct from nightmares. One of the most popular types of night terrors involves insects and this occurs most commonly of the female gender.
5. Restless Legs Syndrome: Wittmaack-Ekbom's Syndrome or more commonly known as Restless Legs Syndrome, is one of the top sleeping disorders. The condition is characterized by an irresistible urge to move one's body as a reflex action to stop odd sensations mostly in the legs, arms and torso. RLS is known to cause a sensation closely comparable to burning, itching or tickling sensation.
_______________________ colon cleanse insomnia remedy health insurance quote