seeking advice for a thyroid problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking advice for a thyroid problem!

I have been suffering from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis for over 5 years now.This desease is an autoimmune disorder, in which the body attacks thyroid tissue. The tissue eventually dies and stops producing hormones. I have been taking additional hormones for 3 years and it seems like I have to continues for the rest of my life.
    However I have been searching for alternative ways to deal with my condition. If you have any information you could give me or any advice - I would be really gratefull!
    Thanks!

I sent you a private message. Just click on the "private messages" tab on the top left under your name.

- Johann

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
      I sent you a private message. Just click on the "private messages" tab on the top left under your name.

- Johann
      I hope you passed on good information.

Comment

Originally posted by really View Post
        I hope you passed on good information.

Don't worry about it Really; it was nothing like "quick! stop taking those meds!", but more "if you want to try something in addition to your conventional treatment, this therapy is generally helpful - though don't expect a miracle."

- Johann

Comment

Originally posted by Johann View Post
          Don't worry about it Really; it was nothing like "quick! stop taking those meds!", but more "if you want to try something in addition to your conventional treatment, this therapy is generally helpful - though don't expect a miracle."

- Johann
          Was it perhaps Armour Thyroid or similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollux View Post
            Was it perhaps Armour Thyroid or similar?
            ?

- Johann

Comment

Acctually, I am not freaked out about the medicines I am taking right now. I am more interested in searching for long term solutions or ideas about increasing quality of life, because thyroid problems come with a lot of symptoms like feeling tired often or gaining weight. So I find Johann's info quite helpful.
              I am also curious what you think about autoimmune disorders and the attitude of conventional medicine towards them - that they are incurable. Has anyone have more information on the subject?
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X