Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to develop different psi abilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BannedBySkeptiko View Post
    If you assert nothing about "psi" that distinguishes it from magic...
    What do you mean by 'magic'?

Comment

Hi,

I believe it is possible to develop psi abilities and consciousness research suggests that psi is related to the unconscious mind. When our conscious mind is quiet or focused somewhere else, people often do better in psi related tasks. Studies have also found that the less 'internal chatter' we have going on in our heads the better we perform at ESP tasks and suchlike, which is why extroverts usually have a higher psi ability. Studies have also shown that being in hypnosis is more conducive to psi ability (Cardena, 2005)

It does make sense that those times when our minds are 'blank' , or we are not thinking about anything in particular, that we are more likely to pick up the thoughts of those around us and tap into the information 'field' that may be connected to our unconscious mind.

Kerry
      Public Homepage - Whole Science - Discover the Power of You.

Comment

Couldn't that also mean that when we've time to focus, our own thoughts are more focused, and we do better at the task at hand for that reason?

Comment

Originally posted by hoggworks View Post
          Couldn't that also mean that when we've time to focus, our own thoughts are more focused, and we do better at the task at hand for that reason?
          Well perhaps that active type of consciousness is more conducive to PK ability, and perhaps a passive, 'unconscious' type of receptive consciousness would be more conducive to ESP.

However, I still think our unconscious mind could exert a large influence even in PK experiences, as despite our conscious intentions we may have unconscious beliefs that ultimately produce the intended result (as in the sheep/goat effect).

Kerry Needs
          Whole Science

Comment

The sheep/goat effect?

Comment

Was discovered by Gertrude Schmeidler about the effect differences in psi research between those who believe it may be possible and those who do not, here's a good link to explain... Sheep Goat Effect

Kerry

Comment

I found this to be interesting

While perusing around in quantum physics I came across something called Biocentrism and found it fascinating.

Biocentrism refers to the scientific position that life and consciousness form the basis of observable reality, and thereby the basis of the universe itself.

In other words, our perception of reality actually creates it.

So, could it be, that our perception of psychic phenomena being a possibility actually creates the conditions to enable it to be real?

I am including the wikipedia link as it is worded more in layman's terms:

Biocentrism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Greeting all,

I know this post is a little old but I came across this very good question and thought, well yes what better example of what can be developed in psi functioning tha, Remote Viewing, this is a prime example. This is primarily because there exists a set standard of protocols, once trianed and adhered to, will develop your abilities in this area.

There are a small number of Ex-Spooks teachings this, and some second generation Remote Viewers.

regards

Rick

RV
                  Get the Future. . .Now !

Comment

You do make your own reality

I very much agree that we make our own luck, decide our own success or failure, and determine what the outcome of various experiments are.. even something as material as counting money can get subjective when you want/need it bad enough. Everything is fluid. Nothing is concrete... even concrete. The article about the Sheep and the Goats is very very true, and so is Biocentrism

Biocentrism refers to the scientific position that life and consciousness form the basis of observable reality, and thereby the basis of the universe itself.

In other words, our perception of reality actually creates it.
                    Back in my church going days, the pastors used to speak of this ALOT! "You shall have what you speak into existance." They talked about having "a bad confession," which is when you complain and expect the worst all the time, and that gives you bad luck. The bible speaks of finding what you seek... and having mountain moving faith... so this isn't new.

"Seek and ye shall find... for everyone that seeketh findeth!"

One thing is for sure you rarely find what you aren't looking for. Or if you do, you will invariably interpret what you do find AS being what you were expecting to find.

What is great fun is to visit many different forums. There are forums and boards where people think all phenomonon is due to Aliens. To them God is an Alien. Our planet was seeded by Aliens. They have blackouts and assume they've been abducted. Everything that is otherwise unexplainable is caused by aliens. Then you have the ghost forums, and people there think Ghosts cause everything. Sure they have their EVPs and their special cameras for photographing ghosts... but that's what they are looking for and frankly they have found more proof than most groups. Still there is nothing that's going to prove the point to unbelievers. Then you have energy workers who think it is all about energy... and the psi people and various factions within that group... Then there are the Faith Based Christians who explain it all as Miracles, angels, and God... Then there are the eastern religion people... the Yogis, and various Krishna consciousness ideals... and we all think we know, and we all have our mythos worked out to explain how and why it works.

The funny part comes when someone starts telling their story on the wrong board. I can't believe sometimes how quick psi energy workers are to call Alien lovers flakes, and that's just an example. We all get indignant when faced with flakes of from another kind of cerial box. LOL

What is really scary, is when you notice that all these people are talking about similar phenomonon, and explaining it in different ways. I am pretty sure we are all experiencing very similar phenomonon, but we explain it all in ways we can accept, and our brains somehow 'help' us to make phenomonon fit our mythos. Who's right? All of us... or none of us?

I have my own theories about all this, several as a matter of fact, all of which work within the framework, of most of the phenomonon I've seen and read about. (none of them include aliens, but I am still open) I don't know for sure what these occurances mean, only that people do experience certain phenomonon. What causes objects to levitate or move by themselves? IDK... but sometimes they do. I've seen it happen a few times, and in the course of my work and research, I have had numerous eye witness accounts of floating humanoid figures that vanish, furniture moved before my eyes. I"ve even seen scratches from "demons" even bites. I've seen some weird stuff, but what causes it? I might think I know. I have my own intuition, and theories based on years of investigation, but I can't and don't even want to convert people who have their own theories. I only want to hear their stories as objectively presented as they can possibly present them.

I am far from skeptical. I really want to believe. I know I do, and that is perhaps my problem. However I have met people who if soul kissed by a type five demon would deny it ever happened. I mean they don't believe even when you rub their face in evidence. They don't want to know... in the same way I would be miserable in a world without magic... without some hidden secret mystery, which I am always just on the verge of discovering, other people could not sleep at night if they knew ghosts or angels or demonic entities were milling about in their bedrooms... perhaps pulling the covers off their toes. I can't say I blame them. This is a disturbing thought for most people. For me it's just part of life, but for most people that's too frightening. LOL
                    Last edited by Kim; January 18th, 2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X