Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to develop different psi abilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to develop different psi abilities?

Hi, everyone.

Many people who believe in psi or psychic abilities want to learn to develop them. For this, there seem to be many "schools" and methods available. From established ancient techniques, like qigong, yoga, meditation to new wave of techniques, often based on the above, but promoted in books, seminars etc.

What is your stance?

1. Do you believe some psychic abilities can be developed?
    2. What do you think of the different methods? Have you personally tried any?

A simple answer

Originally posted by jacob View Post
    What is your stance?

All psychic abilities can be developed but not equally well by all people. For instance, you can teach Rosie O'Donnell to do a somersault into an Olympic pool off of the high dive, but I can almost bet you the splash won't win a medal.

Did she do it? Yes, but not very well. My point being that psychic abilities are skills and talents, not gifts. Still, there is a clear difference between ability and quality. I believe that some people are genetically and culturally predisposed to excel in certain areas over other people. Maybe it's random chance, but evidence of this is everywhere in society.

I'm still planning on doing a live, online demonstration of this once I get a new computer with a built in camera. This should happen within the month. I'll be sure to post this when it's all set up.

Comment

Originally posted by mcairo View Post
      I'm still planning on doing a live, online demonstration of this once I get a new computer with a built in camera. This should happen within the month. I'll be sure to post this when it's all set up.

Demonstration of what, Marcel?

Comment

Skills

Demonstration of what, Marcel?
        That we all possess the ability to gather information delivered from discarnate consciousness.

Comment

Hi, everyone.

Many people who believe in psi or psychic abilities want to learn to develop them. For this, there seem to be many "schools" and methods available. From established ancient techniques, like qigong, yoga, meditation to new wave of techniques, often based on the above, but promoted in books, seminars etc.

What is your stance?

.................................................. ...

Greeting to Ali,
          I don't just believe it, I know it
          Eventually you would get to use / try, many methods as you get more experience. Far to many teachers cloak their training with material, that is not required to learn and develop basic psychic abilities. Am not saying that this is wrong, only that its not initially required. What is required is practice, practice and more practice, with the basics. This site has good material available, as do many others. Another point is, one is not learning it, one is reawakening their ability. Over the course of decades, I've used free, purchased, and seminars, to reawaken, that which can be reawakened. Now, regardless of how the material is obtained, one can get the feel for new approaches to the reawakening process, even if the material , is only so so. It would be unfair of me to say that one method is superior to another. What method fails , so to speak, for one person, could be a wonderful life changing situation for another. With all the information available on-line, I do not put much on my blogs, for relearning the process. There are many other sites with great offerings. Another situation I question, is the many posts, and arguments over spoon bending, challenges by certain doubters, and the questioning of psychic ability. Is why I don't even post to some taunts. Now I'm not a highly gifted psychic, but I am psychic. So are you. Some days are " humming " with psychic activity and awareness, other days I may not even be aware if some calamity is in the works, and it actually happens to take place. As mentioned in these posts, some are more gifted and psychic action just happens for them, easily. I do cover some of my experiences along these line. on my blogs. To my knowledge, I'm not able to name any psychic, that could be classified, fully functional, in every category of psychic ability. The ones that might fall into that class, could be Jesus, and Edgar Cayce. Probably are some more, I just don't recall them. ( is not my intention to slight any religion or group ) So, if you want or desire to be psychic, just start by believing you can be, and are psychic, because you actually are psychic.

The Psychics Blog - The Psychics Blog
          The Healers Blog - The Healers Blog
          Razors Edge - Razors Edge
          Last edited by Talker; September 4th, 2007, 01:38 PM. Reason: an omission

Comment

Psychic Abilities a Given : But ever have a Reading!

We know about, and talk on psychic abilities, but did you ever actually have a psychic " reading "! Check out my # 26 post, on my site, if you are interested in a free " psychic reading " and more info. Not me, but a " psychic reader ", that I had checked out.

The Psychics Blog -
            The Psychics Blog

Will come back and report, on any feedback that I get.

Comment

LOL I was hoping that demonstration was going to be a CG simulation of Rosie going off the diving board.

As for developing abilities it is all a matter of what you pay attention to. I think being distracted, busy, and overstimulated in the natural realm plays a huge part in people loosing thier abilities after early childhood. I think their abilities can be re-captured for the most part, by meditation, and relaxation, and energy work. Overanxiety about regaining abilities can cause negative results though. It is best just to learn to relax, and cut off the enternal, and external background noise, as a first step.

I've heard a lot of nonsense methods for gaining an OBE experience, and honestly most of that stuff won't work for most people. The best way to go OBE is to meditate WITHOUT any pre-concieved expectation. Just relax and let yourself go where your spirit desires. Don't try to control it with your mind. Let yourself float... not litterally... LOL Nothing litteral needs to concern you in meditation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                I think being distracted, busy, and overstimulated in the natural realm plays a huge part in people loosing thier abilities after early childhood.
                I agree. I was in a mediumship class and there was one student who was a natural born medium. She was giving readings to people already before she even started taking classes. However when she had a very busy day at work she would not be very sensitive that evening in class.

Also, I think we lose our psychic abilities because in childhood we are indoctrinated in materialism in both direct and subtle ways so we doubt our psychic impressions are real. We begin to assume that they are just the product of our own imagination. The difficulty is that psychic impressions don't seem much different than ordinary thoughts. This is why we "lose" the ability and why it is so hard to re-learn it. We have never really lost it. We are still psychic and having psychic impressions all the time but just don't realize which mental impressions are non-psychic and which are psychic. For example, people have spirit guides and are influenced by them but are not aware that certain thoughts are coming from outside their own mind.

The best way to go OBE is to meditate WITHOUT any pre-concieved expectation. Just relax and let yourself go where your spirit desires.
                Can you describe the type of meditation you would use for this? There are many, many techniques for meditation.

Comment

I completely agree with Anonymous about the material brainwashing we get as kids. My mom used to tell me I had an active imagination. She explained over and over that what I saw wasn't real. I couldn't stop seeing it though, but I did stop talking about it, by the time I was three. I decided I was probably insane, but I couldn't stop, so I did the next best thing. I pretended to stop. If I couldn't fake not being terrified, I explained I'd had a nightmare, or some other acceptable reason for terror. The fact is that if my mom knew what I was seeing, and I had continued to react they would have had to put me somewhere. I saw horrible things as a child for some reason. I only had one astral friend, Gary, who is still my spirit companion, and the rest of what I saw was really creepy.

The strangest part of all of it really is that Gary was alive then. We had some kind of psychic connection. He appeared to me as a child just a little older than myself, but he was really 10 years older. I was never completely sure it was him though, and I sometimes asked him, "Are you Gary?" and he would respond, "Gary is bigger than me. How could I be Gary?" then he would laugh playfully. I understand now that my Gary was the real Gary's inner child. He was slightly divided psychologically. I could hear his thoughts, when he was present, so I know he sort of had an inner conflict going on. I was absolutely stunned when I figured out that my mother could not hear Gary's thoughts. I got quiet about that pretty quickly too, after I figured it out.

Most of my own meditative states are based in the fact that I am kind of out there anyway, but for beginers. I recomend laying flat of your back as comfortably as possible. This way nothing starts to ache. Then tighten and relax your muscles systematically, start with your feet, and work up to your head, or you can go in reverse it doesn't matter. Then just let yourself feel like you are floating, relax and feel light. Let your mind be still and go blank. Just wait and see what happens.

Kundalini is also good.

Kundalini Yoga - FREE On-Line Training.

Anyway the purpose is to get comfortable and then stop internal dialog. It helps if you are tired sometimes.

For myself though, I don't really need to do all that now. If I want to channel, or astral travel I just zone out at my key board. I sit in a half lotus with my fingers on the home keys and let my eyes relax till they go crossed, enough to give me blured physical vision. I let my mind go blank. I like doing this late at night between the hours of 11 PM and 4 AM. I am tired then so its easy to zone, and the house is quiet. It is easy to just let go, and let someone else direct.

I have a spirit companion Gary, who takes over my body easily anyway, and he loves to type. If I wish to channel someone other than him, I go to my 'castle' in heaven, and call them to me. I see myself on a white sofa, with Gary at my side. I invite them to sit down. If I trust them I let them sit on my sofa with me, and they can type through me. If not they sit in the chair beside the sofa, and either Gary or I type what they say. If I really don't trust them, then I have other entities I do trust with me, in addition to Gary. If I really really don't trust them, then I go where they are, and don't invite them to my house. LOL That may sound funny, but the sofa is where I run my life from. IT is the seat of my consciousness, so I am not too eager to let just anyone take control of my psyche.

I get into my position at the keyboard even if I am going to travel, though I prefer to be more alert for that. I just put myself in a meditative state, but instead of going blank I think of where I want to go, or who I want to go to or with. I use the link I have with the person or place and bang I am there. I can get into that state anywhere, but I really prefer to do it at the keyboard so I can record things as they happen. My memory gets foggy after a time, even on daily life, much less astral adventures, so I prefer to have a record if I can.

I can also be active and still do it. I can do simple repeatitive tasks, like washing dishes, or cooking while being elsewhere at the same time. I can't do math, or talk to others about other things very well and do it though. I could but it would be very confusing, like talking to someone on the phone while talking to someone else about something different in person. It is annoying and you miss the better part of both conversations usually. I can talk to people who are going with me astrally though, and taking a team of other incarnate people is always fun.

When doing counciling with people of any kind, or when doing parinormal investigations, I stay pretty much in a slightly altered state too, or at least cross back and forth. It is easier to be aware of things in the immediate area, on both planes than it is to be elsewhere entirely, so it isnt' a problem to focus on the place or person on more than one level at once.

It is also interesting to vision while grounding. Grounding is pulling energy up from the earth through your feet and root chakra, while also pulling heavenly light energy down into your crown chakra, and your uplifted hands. It gives you a powerful feeling.
                  Last edited by Kim; September 21st, 2007, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Answer to your question

Hello,
                    I know it may sound wierd to alote of people who have never experienced
                    a Physic anything...I have........I have seen things felt them touch me...dreamed visions.......had them happen my on gift that stays with me and makes my nerves real bad is the gift to feel others pain ...It's like this ...I was living with my cousin Dawn her and I were getting ready to go to the mall for some shopping...I keeped having what others would call panic attacks..my chest felt like I wanted to pull it out I keeped rubbing it and was so short of breath like I had been running on a treadmill for about 10 mins...I had to sit down a couple of times because my legs felt weak...She asked me if I was ok and I said yes but that somthing was not right like I knew somthing was wrong...You know when your a kid and you did somthing wrong and you knew you were in for it...that feeling....Well In the cab my mindwas racing just on its own stuped things nothing made and sence I ignored it...we got through the doors of the mall abd I told her I needed to call mymom she had my daughter and they were suppose to meet us there...Dawn said ok and on the way to the phones it happened agien but this time I almost callapsed in the mall I had to bend over the railing and breath my legs were weak agien I rushed to the phone I called my moms ..........no answer ..I called everywhere!!! Finally I got a hold of my Aunt I said somthings not right Iv been calling everywhere for mom she has my daughter where are they ...My Aunt then said to me...Jessica dident you hear there up at Aunt JAcks Uncle John DIed this morning....Swear and true...I have had these most of my life I just had a bad on 2 months ago I just got out of the shower and I hurried out because this one was so big everyone could hear my breath....I found out my mother ended up in the hospital with a double anyorisum...I belive in my gift I except it Aslong as I remember I have been a very large beliver in god.........I have seen strange things....Our dog barking at my brothers bedroom wall then standing on his hind legs wimpering like someone was talking to him....Iv dreamed my uncles house was on fire and I was inside of it when it was on fire Iwasent in any harm it was like I was an observer I could see past memorys of cousins and Aunts rushing by almost like watching a live TV show but as if a holergram and the next thing I new I was at the top of the hill watching the firemen putting it out and then I watched myself walk away .....When Iwas younger my cousins and I were in the basement talking and they all went up stares and somthing told me to stay downstares this was after my uncle died....Well I just stood there like in a trance when I relized I was the only one in the basement for "No" reason I started to get the creeeps so I just thought frozen I should run up the stares and then somthing smaked me so hard on the but I think I flew up the stares........strange things still happen today..If any of you have any answers feel free to let me know...But I belive any gift improves over time.......

Comment

Your abilitity to feel the pain of others, isn't unheard of at all. There are a lot of us, spread throughout the world. We call people who can can feel other's physical, and emotional feelings empaths. When you are around people who are upset, do you often feel that kind of pain too? Do you tend to adopt the emotion that others around you have, if it is within your range? Are you sometimes aware that people are angry, or sad, even when they don't show it outwardly? Do you feel attacked somehow, any time someone else gets frustrated with you? Likewise do you benefit to the extreme when people around you are happy, and cheerful, catching that high feeling from them? If so you are most likely a very sensitive empath.

You obviously develop links easily to people who are close to you emotionally. Links make people who are physically distant seem close. It bridges any distance, as if it were nothing.

You've felt phenomonon before, and you know what that feeling is. It sounds like you probably are gifted. You could develop that ability through meditation, energy work and Kundalini Yoga. It will probably continue to develop some anyway as long as you use it, and pay attention to it.
                      Last edited by Kim; October 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I linked to a description of my experiences in another thread:
                        http://forum.mind-energy.net/develop...es.html#post89

I believe anyone can induce psychic experiences and that anyone can do spiritual healing. The web site linked to in that post explains how.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why this has been happening to me? I think I may be awakening but am not sure why any of this is happening.

I have always been able to see auras, as far back as I can remember. I liked seeing rainbows around people. When I was 4 I had my first and only OOBE. I remember seeing me asleep on my bed. There were a lot of lights flashing outside our house. I always remember them as UFO lights but am not claiming I was abducted or anything like that. I also had an invisible friend who looked a lot like me, whom I called Tia, that sometimes tells me things - an answer will just pop into my head. As I got older my invisible friend went away. I guessed I had outgrown her.

As a young teen I started experiencing precog. I called them niggles. They would invariably come true and they would be memorable because they wouldn't happen all the time.

My mother was very religious and I was raised that way. I asked God to take away this "evil" precog and seeing aura "gifts". He didn't take away the precog but it immediately became almost impossible for me to see auras. I had to struggle to see them. The world was very bland without all those rainbows.

Jump ahead about 20 years. In 1999 my family moved into our house. I started seeing and hearing ghosts. Two summers ago my mother told me something startling - she had a miscarriage when she was pregnant with me. My twin sister died during the miscarriage. Click! My thoughts were racing after hearing that. You see my name is Mea and I called my invisible friend Tia. My invisible friend was my dead sister!

Anyway, I started experiencing OOBEs as of this year. I can sometimes hear people's thoughts. Mundane thoughts like "Oh boy, I forgot to pickup the drycleaning and now they are closed!" or "I hope that check doesn't bounce". Now I'm seeing auras again as well as energy fields. And shadow people have started visiting me. And an invisible something tried to drag me off my bed. And I keep having this strange dream. Each time I dream it it replays it but adds more to the end of it. It is a compelling dream too. And I have started doing lucid dreaming.

I want to know why this is happening. Is it true that I am awakening? I am not meditating or trying to learn how to do more psi, it just keeps happening more and more all the time and stronger all the time.

Somebody tell me something here...Please? I feel like a 40 year old weirdo.

Comment

Help is in progress

Originally posted by mcadwell View Post
                            Can anyone tell me why this has been happening to me? I think I may be awakening but am not sure why any of this is happening.

Somebody tell me something here...Please? I feel like a 40 year old weirdo.
                            Hi mcadwell,

That's called "between a rock and a hard place". Whats happening can be caused by many things, but somewhat due to an energy imbalance, with your chakra sytem. If you need an assist with that, let me know.
                            You'll need to read a number of my posts to perhaps understand my use of :Babbler" here. Your entire situation is wearing you out. Your babbler is at work. So things you experienced kept building up. Your babbler is running wild and messing around between spirit, soul and body. Have covered babblers activity in many posts.
                            First off, you need to tighten up and alter the thinking process. Secondly, attack the physical part that keeps you ill. Some further links are shown in the posts I've listed here. My day has been long and busy, and it is late. Only restarted the computer, due to a "feeling tone" ( covered in my other posts) that prompted me to check my mail. So here I am, no added "feeling tone" are coming in, so will wing it from here. Very likely you are experiencing psychic phenomenon, if the things you wrote are taking place. Good position to be in, not so good how it is affecting you. By the way your not a weirdo, just not prepared to cope with this situation. Just take it step by step, holding in mind, the thought, that you are being gifted this way for a reason. Need to find out the reason. Need to correct the health problem, Need to adjust the thinking situation. Correcting the health and thinking process, will perhaps lead to the "reason" that needs an answer. If and when you feel threatened in any manner, firmly say " return from where you came, with no harm to any", in a firm voice. You should perhaps also "ask" the (!) how you can help them/ it. Otherwise I suggest that you strongly hold the thought
                            " harmony" in mind. Just don't let your babbler control you. As you read my posts, pose the question "how can I best use this information to harmonize my situation". Your answer will come. Also enclose yourself in a shield of light for added protection, and white is the best color to use. Could add more , but what is offered here should get to back to harmony. Will temporarily assist from my side for your guidance and protection.
                            Hope you can make sense of what is said here.

# 41- # 75 and # 79 for starters at:
                            Razors Edge: # 94 Razors Edge Index

The Healers Blog: # 17 The Healers Blog Index

http://thepsychicsblog.blogspot.com/...og-index.htmlH

Comment

I am in the same situation. I have astounding "attacks" of clairvoyance and precognition that come unbidden. I have been trying to develop more control over this, but it seems that any time I try to do anything psychic on purpose, I don't do so well. When it comes accidentally, it is really interesting how true it is. I know I have to increase meditation and practice the skills, but beyond that, do you have any suggestions? RainCrow

Comment

Working...
                              X