• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a Fever

This is from the introductions thread, let's discuss it here:

Originally posted by sk9 View Post
    Hi Craig,
    I have precognitive dreams of death in the family. But lately, things have heated up and I keep having visions or feelings about future events mostly related to myself and relatives. But while watching the boston bombing suspect capture, I had strange visions of the boy sticking to a white ceiling and somehow I was talking to him asking him to surrender. I could hear him cry out in pain and despair, cursing his brother. I am very disturbed, there is a constant sadness in me regarding the boy and I am running fever since his capture. i don't know what's happening to me and I am scared. I hope someone can help me.
    Hi sk9,

If you are running a fever you should probably see a doctor just to be safe. It is not unusual for psychically sensitive people to feel empathy for others, hopefully you will feel better in time. It might be helpful to avoid watching the news for a while.

Have a look at this Psychic FAQ, sometimes just understading more about being psychic can help

What do others think?
    Last edited by anonymous; April 22nd, 2013, 02:24 AM.

I think it can be helpful to know that other people have had related experiences. For example, after the terrorist attack in Mumbai India, user Vidipoppy made this post in the "Unexplained events and phenomena" forum:

Originally posted by Vidipoppy View Post
    Hi...i have been off lately getting strange feelings like someone is watching over me and giving me hints about what's going to happen next....it's literally like i can't sleep till i know that thing is over and it happens...its just like the mumbai terror attacks that just happened...i was in that area right behind the oberoi in the bank and i felt uneasy which was unlike me and i just wanted to get out of the place it was like someone was just pulling me out of there...and every since i have seen the attacks i hear sounds of help and i am getting pulled towards the sites where the killings have taken place...i lost my dad 6 months back and every since i feel a strong presence around me...i have been seeing spirits and talking to them from a young age but never had this feeling before of just wanting to be out there....please help me i am becoming insane due to this..how much ever i tell these things to stop they just wont...the minute i close my eyes during a bath or sleeping i hear them talk to me and i feel jitters all through my body....tears start rolling down my cheeks for people i have never known nor ever met nor will ever meet.

In these cases like these it might be helpful to try to stick as much as possible to one's daily routine and to keep busy if possible so that one's mind will be filled with other thoughts.

Comment

Sk9,

You also might try sending spiritual healing energy to the bomber, and those harmed by the bombing.

The way you can do that is explained here: Spiritual Healing: You Can Do It. Taking practical steps to help the situation may make you feel better about it.

Comment

Hi Anonymous,
        Thank you so much. All of this is so new to me and very bewildering. I have been reading up on this for sometime, but I do not have anyone to share experiences with and learn how to cope I know that I have very strong empath capabilities. But until now mostly my kids' feelings affected me. This is a new development. I also have some healing capabilities and I tried to send it to the bomber when I was connected to him.

Problem is how do I separate it from my feelings? I need practical advice on shielding.
        sk9

Comment

Hi Anonymous,
          Thank you so much. All of this is so new to me and very bewildering. I have been reading up on this for sometime, but I do not have anyone to share experiences with and learn how to cope I know that I have very strong empath capabilities. But until now mostly my kids' feelings affected me. This is a new development. I also have some healing capabilities and I tried to send it to the bomber when I was connected to him.

Problem is how do I separate it from my feelings? I need practical advice on shielding.
          sk9
          Ah yes, shielding. I just gave a talk on that; it's one of the most challenging things about being psychic.

Basically, a strategy of keep-away-the-bad-stuff doesn't work. What you resist, persists. It's a kind of lesson from the universe that repeats until you finally get it, so counter intuitively, you need to explore the things that cause you the most distress so that you can desensitize yourself to them. Doing this for even one thing makes many other things easier. The goal is to be bigger than your fears.

Comment

Hi Craig,
            Yes I am slowly getting that it is difficult to shield or protect oneself from feeling all this. Usually i am affected by my sons' anxieties and have learnt to identify them and separate them from my own feelings.This is the first time that I have connected with anyone outside home and what worries me is that he is a criminal. There has been an overwhelming sense of sorrow for the last 2 days. Before he was discovered, I knew that he was in the area the police were looking and the urge to call them and describe the hideout was great. I am living in Canada and have no idea about the US cities. But the images were very strong, but the exact location wasn't clear. All this is very scary for me And I really need to know what to do about it the next time I go thru this. I don't want to fall ill every time I am connected with someone or worry about a criminal.

Please help with advice,
            sk9

Comment

Hi Craig,
              Yes I am slowly getting that it is difficult to shield or protect oneself from feeling all this. Usually i am affected by my sons' anxieties and have learnt to identify them and separate them from my own feelings.This is the first time that I have connected with anyone outside home and what worries me is that he is a criminal. There has been an overwhelming sense of sorrow for the last 2 days. Before he was discovered, I knew that he was in the area the police were looking and the urge to call them and describe the hideout was great. I am living in Canada and have no idea about the US cities. But the images were very strong, but the exact location wasn't clear. All this is very scary for me And I really need to know what to do about it the next time I go thru this. I don't want to fall ill every time I am connected with someone or worry about a criminal.

Please help with advice,
              sk9
              Hi Sk9,

Have you tried:

Visualizing a shield of white light surrounding yourself that protects you from outside emotions and feelings?

Praying or asking your spirit guides for help shielding you, or to help you understand how to shield yourself?

I have found that asking to be shown how to do something myself is one of the most effective forms of prayer. Try to listen for an answer immediately after asking, but also be aware the answer might come later at an odd moment when you might be particularly receptive to perceiving it.
              Last edited by anonymous; April 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous View Post
                Hi Sk9,

Have you tried:

Visualizing a shield of white light surrounding yourself that protects you from outside emotions and feelings?

Praying or asking your spirit guides for help shielding you, or to help you understand how to shield yourself?

I have found that asking to be shown how to do something myself is one of the most effective forms of prayer. Try to listen for an answer immediately after asking, but also be aware the answer might come later at an odd moment when you might be particularly receptive to perceiving it.
                Thanks I will try this. Hopefully it will work. Althouh while meditating I do it mostly, but haven't tried for this problem specifically.

Will let you know how it works out.
                sk9

Comment

Thanks I will try this. Hopefully it will work. Althouh while meditating I do it mostly, but haven't tried for this problem specifically.

Will let you know how it works out.
                  sk9
                  I hate to say this - because usually I try to encourage people to meditate - but maybe you should try and stop meditating or meditate less while you are having the problem to see if it makes a difference. Meditating can make one more sensitive psychically (because it calms the analytical mind so one is more aware of the intuitive mind). On the other hand, meditation can also make a person better able to cope with difficulties so stopping meditation is not guaranteed to help ... but it might be worth trying to see if it helps or not.

One of the strategies to tune down psychic receptivity is to keep the mind preoccupied with mundane affairs, meditation would have the opposite effect.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous View Post
                    I hate to say this - because usually I try to encourage people to meditate - but maybe you should try and stop meditating or meditate less while you are having the problem to see if it makes a difference. Meditating can make one more sensitive psychically (because it calms the analytical mind so one is more aware of the intuitive mind). On the other hand, meditation can also make a person better able to cope with difficulties so stopping meditation is not guaranteed to help ... but it might be worth trying to see if it helps or not.

One of the strategies to tune down psychic receptivity is to keep the mind preoccupied with mundane affairs, meditation would have the opposite effect.
                    Hi Anonymous,
                    Yes I do realize that meditation excites me more than calming me. I do not meditate regularly, but only do it when there is a strong urge or some kind of inner challenge presents itself. It helps me find answers.

I am doing better. Didn't try the shielding yet. But the moment I realize that I am experiencing someone else's feelings, it somehow calms me down and the somatic symptoms disappear. So, shielding for the next time I experience this. I am trying to keep myself distracted and not watch the news. That has also helped.
                    Thanks a lot for the support.
                    sk9

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy B
                      When I was having a lot of difficulties feeling overwhelmed by the emotions of others, a very experienced psychic helped me find a number of ways to get a stronger sense of "me".

1) Create/visulaize a white light around you that protects you

2) If you have a sense of auras (you might see them, feel them, hear them, etc...), it helps to try and make your own aura bigger. I know this seems counter-intuitive, because when we feel overwhelmed there is a tendency to pull in our aura and make it smaller. But it actually helps to push out and make your aura bigger. It sort of creates a buffer zone around your body. I've often found than when I'm at my "biggest" people will give me more room and stand farther away from me.

3) Wash off the feelings of others. Wash your hands, take a shower... but imagine the traces of "other people" washing away. When you are done, it's just you.

4) Do something physical. Go for a walk, run, hike, swimming, gardening... get dirty, sweaty... just do something that connects to to your own body.

5) Wear a scent you like. Use the smell of the cologne to give you a sense of boundaries.. where you stop and others start. Animals use scent to mark territory. It can help a psychic remember he/she is entitled to some of their own space as well.
                      Hi Sandy B,
                      This is really helpful. I will try out what u have recommended the next time. I am unable to see auras as yet.
                      sk9

Comment

Running a Fever

Hi Sk9,
                        I am new to being a psychic, but I have experienced intense feelings of other people from past events, the feelings a spirit had, and feelings a friend was about to have (her mother was dying and the illness was progressing). The suggestions made on this site were very good. Other things I have done " to raise my vibration" was to try to take better care of myself, eat right, exercise, listen to music, and interact with people I feel happy around. I found that when I am feeling happier, more upbeat,and enjoying my life more, then the intensity of whatever the feelings are leave quicker and don't paralyze me as much.
                        Your situation sounds more severe than the experiences I had, but even spirits that I had channeled accidentally ( because I didn't know I could really do it);one of the spirits was almost depressed and devastatingly morose. And I felt that way (as if it were my feelings) for 2 days after channeling him. It was a friend's ex husband who had a lot of regrets towards her and their daughter.
                        I also felt the intensity of my mother's anger for several nights. We rarely speak and I was getting annoyed that it felt as if she was in the room with me at night. She is still alive and lives in another neighborhood.
                        I don't know if I can shield myself completely from experiencing others' feelings, but I am getting faster at processing it and less overwhelmed by it.

Hope this was helpful.
                        JBluerose

Comment

Originally posted by JBluerose View Post
                          Hi Sk9,
                          I am new to being a psychic, but I have experienced intense feelings of other people from past events, the feelings a spirit had, and feelings a friend was about to have (her mother was dying and the illness was progressing). The suggestions made on this site were very good. Other things I have done " to raise my vibration" was to try to take better care of myself, eat right, exercise, listen to music, and interact with people I feel happy around. I found that when I am feeling happier, more upbeat,and enjoying my life more, then the intensity of whatever the feelings are leave quicker and don't paralyze me as much.
                          Your situation sounds more severe than the experiences I had, but even spirits that I had channeled accidentally ( because I didn't know I could really do it);one of the spirits was almost depressed and devastatingly morose. And I felt that way (as if it were my feelings) for 2 days after channeling him. It was a friend's ex husband who had a lot of regrets towards her and their daughter.
                          I also felt the intensity of my mother's anger for several nights. We rarely speak and I was getting annoyed that it felt as if she was in the room with me at night. She is still alive and lives in another neighborhood.
                          I don't know if I can shield myself completely from experiencing others' feelings, but I am getting faster at processing it and less overwhelmed by it.

Hope this was helpful.
                          JBluerose
                          Thank you. I am much better at dealing with it now. I too have been seeking help from a transpersonal therapist who is teaching how to identify my own emotions and others. For me, as soon as I can figure out whose emotions I am feeling, I seem to be able to snap out of it. My problem is , I experience physical symptoms of people who I don't even know, but somehow get linked up with. And then it takes me time to understand who it is and what is happening to me is not my own symptom. Anyhow, I am slowly getting better at it.

Comment

Working...
                          X