Medium Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium Help

This is from the introductions thread, I'm cross posting here for discussion.

Originally posted by powermojomojo View Post
    The other day I was sitting in the shower. When i shower i like to go into a sort of meditative state and just think about things. Well this particular time I asked for advice about what I should be doing in my life. Soon I felt a presence. I felt like it was a grand father on my mothers side. The presence gave me advice in my head. I felt many of my mothers relatives were there. I felt like it was my mothers grandparents on both sides. It was kind of funny because I felt that only the men were there because I was taking a shower and the women didnt want to come in because I was naked haha. Anyways, soon after he gave me advice I felt like he wanted to tell me a story, So I asked him to tell me about himself. He started with "Well, I was born in Germany in 1857..." I stopped him to try and figure out the math and decided he was too old to be my great grandfather and this kind of confused me because I felt like he was. This kind of ended my experience because it brought me out of it. Later I talked to my mom about this she brought out a book that I never knew existed that had all of our family tree, and sure enough her great grandfather was born in Germany in 1857 and he was my first decendent to come to America. I have had other experiences sort of like this but not with my family so I could never verify my experiences I also sometimes scare myself when I do this sometimes because when it comes in it comes in fast. Are their any people I can talk to who have experiences like this and can help me? Is there a way to improve my ability? are there any exercises that I can do?

Originally posted by powermojomojo View Post
    I have had other experiences sort of like this but not with my family so I could never verify my experiences I also sometimes scare myself when I do this sometimes because when it comes in it comes in fast.
    I have heard from several mediums that the information can come through very fast so that is not too unusual. It might help if you ask the spirits to slow down. Also, if they come through with emotions or sensation that are too strong ask them not to come through so strongly. Try to develop the habit of asking the spirits questions and interacting with them, not just listening - which it sounds like you are doing (you say you asked the spirit to tell you about himself) - that's good.

Are their any people I can talk to who have experiences like this and can help me?
    There are some other members of the forum with experiences communicating with spirits. But try to ask questions, because then they will have something to write about.

Is there a way to improve my ability? are there any exercises that I can do?
    It sounds like you are already meditating, that is the primary way to develop psychic abilities. It sounds like you are getting results so you are probably doing it right, but if you explain more about how you are meditating we might be able to offer suggestions.

The best way to learn mediumship is to take classes. But you mentioned telling your mom about your experieces, are you still living at home? If you are under 18 it might be harder to find a class that admits people your age. When I was taking classes at a Spiritualist church they did not accept anyone under 18 as a student.

You need a high level of maturity to be a medium because you are often dealing with grieving people who are emotionally distraught and how to handle those types of situations is something that should be taught in mediumship classes.

Besides Spiritualist churches you can sometimes find classes organized through New Age gift shops and book stores. If you are interested in classes and you don't mind revealing what city you live in, someone on the forum might be able to offer suggestions.

You can also have a look here:
    How to Communicate with Spirits

These are techniques for communicating with spirits, it wouldn't hurt for you to look at these for background information but I'm not sure it will advance you very much since you are already communicating with spirits.

This might be helpful too.
    What to do if You Start Developing Psychic Abilities

And this, just in case:
    What to do about Unwanted Spirit Contact

Also, keep in mind that just because a person develops his abilities to communicate with spirits doesn't mean he has to become a professional medium. Some of the best mediums I know just went to class every week but didn't give readings outside of class. And others went to class because it was such an amazing experience to communicate with spirits - even if they didn't have enough talent to give readings or work as a medium - it was still worth while for them to do it just because it is so much fun and it gives the repeated proof that we all survive death. There is a wide range of ability among different people. Just like some people might be able to only pick out a simple tune on a piano and others can learn to play in a concert hall. You can still have a lot of fun with mediumship even if you don't become a professional.

What else would you like to know about?

For the benefit of other readers this is what I posted to reddit.
    Does this mean I'm a medium?
    It's hard to say from one experience, but it sounds like you have a mediumistic talent that could be further developed.

Are their any people I can talk to who have experiences like this and can help me?
    Try the Psychic Spport Forum:
    Psychic Support Forum

I have taken classes in mediumship. I described them here:
    Adventures of a Student Medium

Information on being psychic can be found here:
    Psychic FAQ

Have a look at the links at the bottom of that post too.

I would also suggest you read a few books by mediums about their experiences. Try to find ones that are autobiographical. That would be a good way to learn more about what is going on and what other people have experienced.

If you want to ask me questions or discuss anything, reply here or post at the Psychic Support Forum which I linked to above.

Thanks
    Last edited by anonymous; May 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Developing Abilities

This is to Powermojomojo,
      I had similar experiences with deceased relatives giving me messages, but they told me things through images and pictures in my mind. That is how I knew who I was talking to. Anyway, I started developing my abilities by reading books by famous mediums who give practical exercises to strengthen my abilities. I didn't want to necessarily develop my psychic stuff, but get it manageable.It is A LOT better now.
      I know meditating is helpful. I know the medium, James Van Praagh has many suggestions on how to "grow" this skill. Either google or look up youtube videos about him. The more you read and learn about this phenomena, the less overwhelimg it will be.
      There were several earth bound spirits in my house for a while and it was really scary. I didn't want to come home. But if you start to understand how to handle it (good spirits and others), it can actually enhance your life.
      I've received a lot of helpful visions and premonitions that made my life easier. I am also working with a coach now to learn how to give readings. That is also because (it seems) the more I deliberately try to use these skills, the more I can " turn them off" when I want to.
      Hope this was helpful.
      JBluerose
      Last edited by JBluerose; August 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X