Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone studying A Course of Miracles text ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone studying A Course of Miracles text ?

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone is studying or has studied the book, A Course Of Miracles ? My coach told me to get the book and do the lessons. Not necessarily study the entire book. It's huge.
    Anyway, I am up to Lesson 67 and am feeling happier and calmer the longer I do the lessons. I feel like the book was written specifically for me. It mentions "false self images" a lot, and I have struggled with that concept for years.
    Not seeing myself as I am.

Just wondering....

JBluerose
    Last edited by JBluerose; October 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling error

Originally posted by JBluerose View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone is studying or has studied the book, A Course Of Miracles ? My coach told me to get the book and do the lessons. Not necessarily study the entire book. It's huge.
    Anyway, I am up to Lesson 67 and am feeling happier and calmer the longer I do the lessons. I feel like the book was written specifically for me. It mentions "false self images" a lot, and I have struggled with that concept for years.
    Not seeing myself as I am.

Just wondering....

JBluerose
    Yup. I went through the whole book many years ago. It was very helpful.

I noticed something interesting. While I was doing that the book seemed to almost have a glow for me. It felt very powerful. But when I picked one up years later, that feeling was completely gone. I take that to mean that I've moved past the point where I need it.

Comment

Course

Craig,
      It's been helpful, not glowing for me, though. I haven't even made a conscious steady effort to do the lessons. I just think to do them because I feel better when I do. It gives me a feeling and vision that there is something so much better and more amazing than is what's in front of me now.
      I like a lot of areas of my life, but one area is still dreadful. The book makes me feel special.

JBluerose

Comment

Course in Miracles

Hi All,

I wanted to mention that I am continuing practicing the daily lessons in A Course in Miracles text because whatever lesson I am working on seems to address whatever "struggle" or situation I am dealing with in life at that time. It's very coincidental and affirming.

I am on Lesson 79 for today. I had to ask (to God) what the problem is and then, ask for the answer.
        The response I received is that I take on other peoples' responsibilities instead of taking care of myself and putting myself first. This has been a life long problem for me (co-dependence).I was raised in a family where it was demanded that I take care of younger siblings as if they were mine. This has been very damaging to me as an adult and extremely difficult to change. I am in therapy for it now.

In some ways, I'd rather deal with spirit entities than certain humans because the good spirits don't try to get me to do anything for them. They actually try to be of service to me. Maybe this is why I have these abilities at all....

JBluerose
        Last edited by Craig Weiler; November 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

I wanted to mention that I am continuing practicing the daily lessons in A Course in Miracles text because whatever lesson I am working on seems to address whatever "struggle" or situation I am dealing with in life at that time. It's very coincidental and affirming.

I am on Lesson 79 for today. I had to ask (to God) what the problem is and then, ask for the answer.
          The response I received is that I take on other peoples' responsibilities instead of taking care of myself and putting myself first. This has been a life long problem for me (co-dependence).I was raised in a family where it was demanded that I take care of younger siblings as if they were mine. This has been very damaging to me as an adult and extremely difficult to change. I am in therapy for it now.

In some ways, I'd rather deal with spirit entities than certain humans because the good spirits don't try to get me to do anything for them. They actually try to be of service to me. Maybe this is why I have these abilities at all....

JBluerose
          A lot of highly sensitive people have this problem. I had the same issues. Lazy parents who find it easier to continually shovel responsibility on to the most responsible child are the culprits. As children, we were more difficult to teach because we couldn't sit still, got bored easily and tended to react with a lot of emotional drama when we were challenged in ways that were scary to us. Typical of creative personalities in other words.

If you want to move along emotionally and get over this more quickly, you need to learn to deprogram these emotionally stuck areas. First you have to get to the point where you feel them, then you have to give yourself a new message about them. "I resent my parents" becomes, "I heal this resentment." Do this enough and the early programing will begin to loosen. It takes a long, long time, so be very very patient. It's worth it.

Comment

Course in Miracles

I just got a new psychologist who believes in spirits. She also runs an ACOA family center- exactly what I need. I got the referral from this website. My relationship with my daughter is improving because I have started expecting more of her, instead of my doing almost everything.
            My choices of friends are much better, and hopefully, I will eventually be able to choose a mate where there is reciprocity.
            It's funny, that's one way I know that the spirits are good- or light- they don't try to persuade you to do anything. They try to make you feel better or give some kind of support.
            Negative spirits have tried to get me to do dangerous and foolish things. Glad I didn't listen.

JBluerose
            Last edited by JBluerose; November 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

I just got a new psychologist who believes in spirits. She also runs an ACOA family center- exactly what I need. I got the referral from this website. My relationship with my daughter is improving because I have started expecting more of her, instead of my doing almost everything.
              My choices of friends are much better, and hopefully, I will eventually be able to choose a mate where there is reciprocity.
              It's funny, that's one way I know that the spirits are good- or light- they don't try to persuade you to do anything. They try to make you feel better or give some kind of support.
              Negative spirits have tried to get me to do dangerous and foolish things. Glad I didn't listen.

JBluerose
              Glad to hear that things are going well for you.

Best,
              Craig

Comment

Working...
              X