Forum invasion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interesting Ian View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. I just got annoyed about not being able to provide links. I'll contribute more posts if anyone engages with me.
    You understand... You just can't help being, well, you!

Comment

Originally posted by OC68
      HaHa! Way to not beat around the bush and shake things up Ian! I'd love to see more of your posts over there but I'm not sure if the frustration that ensues would be good for your health. If I post over there I'm sticking to the horror movie board. I notice there are a lot of comic book/Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter types over there. I wonder if a majority of those folks tend to be skeptics and if so why is that the case?
      Skeptics tend to be geeks and geeks love sci-fi-fantasy! Also comics, despite the fantasy often are very pro-science. Scientists are given prominent roles and science is often used to solve problems. And despite the stereotype, many skeptics have quite active imaginations and like imagining being taken away to alternate worlds.

Come to think of it: being exposed to so many different forms of magic in fiction may make us more susceptible to perceiving similar "powers" in the way people discuss psi as being magical fiction as well. Something to ponder I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by OC68
        Then again, maybe it's as simple as scientists tend to be geeks and geeks like sci-fi and fantasy!

Comment

Here's another forum that's be fun to tackle:

Scepticism & Debunking Forum

They have, as far as i have seen, one discussion on reincarnation and NDE's, among many other topics. The discussion is kinda poor and i thought it would be fun if some of you guys shake things up.

Besides that they do have some interesting discussions in other forums, regarding physics, the universe, maths, etc. and they hava a lot of forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Interesting Ian View Post
            I don't understand what you mean. I just got annoyed about not being able to provide links. I'll contribute more posts if anyone engages with me.
            They don't allow you to post links until you have posted a certain amount.

Comment

Originally posted by XXII View Post
              Here's another forum that's be fun to tackle:

Scepticism & Debunking Forum

They have, as far as i have seen, one discussion on reincarnation and NDE's, among many other topics. The discussion is kinda poor and i thought it would be fun if some of you guys shake things up.

Besides that they do have some interesting discussions in other forums, regarding physics, the universe, maths, etc. and they hava a lot of forums.
              That's an interesting forum, but it seems they are pretty quick to lock threads that don't immediately take the "skeptic/debunking" route.

Edit: The reincarnation thread took 3 pages before Stevenson's name came up, and then nobody had read anything...
              Last edited by vikki; May 25th, 2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X