Announcement

Collapse

Skeptiko forums moved

The official forums of the Skeptiko podcast have moved to http://skeptiko.com/forum/.
As such, these forums are now closed for posting.
See more
See less

MOD funding Remote Viewing, 2002

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD funding Remote Viewing, 2002

Does anyone have any further information on a remote viewing experiment funded by the UK Ministry of Defence through one of its departments in 2002?

I was given a link following release of some previously secret documents recently.

Here's the link.

Ministry of Defence | Freedom of Information | Disclosure Log | Search Disclosure Log | Remote Viewing

Interesting, but not interesting at the same time. The were using any old untrained noob, proven to be ineffective even if RV is real.

AIR : An Assessment of the Evidence for Psychic Functioning : Jessica Utts

Comment

Ian, welcome to forum.

Originally posted by Ian Holfield View Post
      Does anyone have any further information on a remote viewing experiment funded by the UK Ministry of Defence through one of its departments in 2002?
      I'd like to know this too. It seems the UK has always had broadcast laws preventing scientists claiming evidence for psi *unless* skeptics are involved to oppose claims .... or unless the claims are presented as 'entertainment' only.

Meanwhile defence organizations have been secretly investigating it .... did it start in 2002? It is extremely unlikely they did not research psi until the 2002..... where is all the other unpublished research over the years?

Comment

Perhaps British Intelligence has been investigating psi for over a century ....

One of the leading members of the Society For Psychical Research was the Honorable Everard Fielding. He was an expert on slight of hand and friendly with famous magician debunkers of the day such as William S Marriot.

Disinformation merchant Aleister Crowley was recruited to work for British intelligence / MI6 by Everard Fielding during World War 1.

According to Dr Richard B Spence (Professor of history at University of Idaho)

YouTube - Interview with Richard Spence - Aleister Crowley, satanist and MI6 MI5 British Spy PART 4

Incidentally Crowley wrote on his book given to Dennis Wheatley ' ... I hope you will appreciate this 'sample' copy with the double title. I don't know how many were printed like this: I have a vague idea that there were six. But where the others are no man -- except the 'occult Committee' of the 'Magic Circle' knows . Yours Aleister Crowley". What were the UK magic circle (conjuring group) doing with all other copies?

The very first thing the above conjurors organization, the UK Magic Circle's 'Occult Committee' did after their formation was to look for the origins of the' Indian Rope Trick' ... they failed to trace its orgins to a newspaper hoax, written by amateur magician John Wilkie, later head of the US secret Services from 1898 ... however around 100 years later Peter Lamont traced the hoax back to John Wilkie..
        Last edited by Open Mind; May 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X